Rare Find

toadfrog

I was about to throw a box of dusty old odds and ends away that had been tossed in a box by my grand father before he died some 20 years ago. It had twine , trot line with rusted hooks , old reel pasts ect. . When I dumped it out in that tangled mess was something I recognized immediately. The first crank bait I ever made. More years ago than I'm telling. So here is a pic.View attachment 6

Attachments

• Rare Find 1st crankbait.jpg
    Rare Find 1st crankbait.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 76

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool - has to bring back some memories! I have a few that look similar to that (but with a boxier nose) made a bunch of years back from wine bottle cork and hand carved/shaped. Learned hard lessons on them... cork does NOT hold a screw eye no matter HOW much epoxy you use! Nice find.

toadfrog

Actually I caught several fish with it . Sort of had an action like a jitter bug. Its made of hard wood ran just under the surface, barely. Never even had paint on it. Had a jerk bait ,cigar shaped made from a hickory tree limb too. Maybe I'll find that some day. Finding it made me feel weird . like suddenly being transported back in time. In my mind it was sort of like me now ,watching me as a kid make that thing. Almost creepy. Wish I was me again then.

Pup

Your lure's profile reminds me of a Rebel Humpback or a Bill Norman Quarterback. Two very good lures to have in a bass tackle box. :cool:

Back