Question for Jay Wirth

bigd

Hi Jay, 

2 quick questions.  

The Universal ll is no longer made.  What vise do you recommend for jigs?

I live near Sylvan Beach on Oneida Lake.  What shops do you sell your jigs in and under what name.  I want to pick up some of your work.  I think they look great.  

Thanks, 
BigD

Jay Wirth

For a jig vise anything that can be set up horizontal to the table. A Renzette with the streamer jaws is nice. I have many Universal II for sale (a couple new / no box) pm me if interested. The U II will last forever, mine I have been tying on since my late 20s (Ill be 50 the end of this year).

I sell all around Oneida: East Shore Bait, Charlies, & Brewerton having the most stock on hand. Many shops from Binghamton up 81 to Syracuse. My jigs first made by my father have been popular around Oneida since the 60s, Dad had the red house in Constantia, NY - Jigger John - till he passed and mom had to sell the house a couple years ago. The Barumba Head has been a family special since the early days.

I will be up to Oneida Lake making deliveries next Friday and usually drive up every couple weeks throughout the summer months and just a couple times during the winter for ice jigs.

Back