Question for Fatman

redman

As you know I live on Caddo Lake. We have had several TV shows on Bigfoot filmed in and around Caddo Lake. Today I watched a show on the Pigman of Northfield, Vt. What is the real story?

In the ten years that I have lived here I have never seen a Bigfoot. The wife had a experience out in the woods while hunting. She heard a big animal coming thru the brush. As it was at dusk she was unable to get a good look at it. This happened back in the early 1980's when my wife still had good eyesight. I have talked to several people who swear to God that they have seen one. Some are pretty convincing. Have to believe there is something out there what exactly it is I don't.

There are many stories of monsters that roam the woods of America. From Ohio's Grassman, the Bigfoot of the Pacific northwest, our woodland Ape, your Pigman, or Louisiana's Honey island Monster.

Makes one wonder what it is.

Redman

Jig Man

redman said:
As you know I live on Caddo Lake. We have had several TV shows on Bigfoot filmed in and around Caddo Lake.

In the ten years that I have lived here I have never seen a Bigfoot.

Makes one wonder what it is.

Redman

Hey Redman, you might should get a haircut and start wearing shoes... Just sayin! :D

Fatman

Well I'll have to ask the wife!!!LOL she grew up here after her Dad retired from the Air Force. I actually went on-line to look it up!!! and here's a couple things I found:

[video=youtube]

http://www.paranormal-encounters.com/wp/the-pigman-of-northfield-vermont/

http://newenglandfolklore.blogspot.com/2011/05/pigman-of-northfield-vermont.html

Now they talk about Devils Washbowl, coming from either way to a certain point you can drive it, I was dumb enough to drive through with my old Chevy Cavalier when it had been really dry, but they do get a lot of calls to drag folks back out of it.

The last curve before you start heading down to it, there was on the left the big pig farm. Used to walk around the side of the fence with my father in law to go grouse hunting up the old logging road.

redman

With silver gray hair and at 5 foot 5 inches with a size 9 shoe I can hardly be mistaken for a Bigfoot. Although there are several people with enough height and girth that could be if they were out in the woods. Saw a couple at Wally-world the other day when I was there.

Redman

hookup

I saw Sasquatch on the river Saturday.

Big dude, no shirt, hairy as can be. Never seen anyone with that much back hair. He had a ZZ top beard, and a mane of hair.

redman

Fatman some of these monsters appear to be nothing more than urban legends. Now here you are there and never heard of it. This tells me it is more of a urban legend. You hunted the area along the woods. A old pig farm sounds like the local teens need a place to scare the younger members of a high school class. We had a place in the town I grew up in. We would take the nerdy kids and good looking girls out there and scare them with the ghost of a old Indian. As had many young men before us.

Thanks for the reply,

Redman

Fatman

Yeah but remember I didn't grow up here!!LOL The wife had heard about it and then told me that they'd taken the kids through late at night in the back of a pick up (I was on duty at the Air Force base in Plattsburgh). Could have been why they didn't tell me about it.

might be fun to check it out some more!LOL

AllenOK

What was the one show? "Mountain Mysteries" or something like that? All in Appalachia. I know they did the Ohio Grassman, but they also did a "Wolfman", the Devil Dog, and the Wampus Beast (Wampus Cat).

I won't say that I believe any of what they did, as it could all be explained by modern special effects and CGI. Interesting show, though.

HairyMooseKnuckles

Speaking of Wampus. I have a recipe that I got out of a hunting or fishing magazine way back in the late 60's or 70's called Wampus Bread.

Back