Purple twisted chenille

Fatman

Tried this style again tonight
100_3863.jpg

smalljaw

That is awesome!!! They look like caterpillars with the hackle work!! Great job!! It looks as if I need to learn how to do that myself!

smalljaw

Fatman, how are you getting the chenille to stay like that and how are you tying hackle to it?? The more I look at that the more I see a bass bait that will be unmatched since I have never saw a soft plastic that wouls have the action that the chenille and hackle will provide. Is there a tutorial somewhere?

Fatman

This is the way it was explained to me.

"To make the tail, loop a piece Of chenille around a hackle feather, put the loose ends in your vise, take your hackle pliers and twist from the bottom loop while whisking the barbules out, when it's tight loop the chenille up to your vice and unclamp while holding the new loop together. The chenille will twist into itself and you'll have your tail."

The top half of the jig I spun the hackle in the same way as the first but not tight enough to roll over itself, then wrapped in like regular chenille and then tied off.

Pup

Nice-looking jigs FM. :cool:

That hackle-n-chenille "twisting" is very much like a fly tyer's "furling". Both are twisting processes which can result in a tail extension that provides length and some movement to a jig. I've been furling eyelash yarns quite a bit lately.

The video is a good one too (Thanks RT :cool: ).

Back