Problems with IE?

AllenOK

I've been using IE for the past several months since our main computer went down. I have been getting a lot of the 500 error messages and such. I know the website is/was having work done with the server.

The past several days, I've noticed that instead of the error messages, I can browse through the older posts (trying to get up-to-speed here), and as I read through various threads, it starts to take a little longer for the various pages to load. F5 doesn't help. Eventually, I'll get an error message telling me to check the web address.

I tried posting two pictures with two threads today, using IE. The first one obviously never went through, but the second one did. I ended up reposting the first pic using Google Chrome. So far, it's acting normally.

Anyone else having issues?

Pup

Page loads are slow on my end. Sometimes I have to manually stop a page from loading. Otherwise, I get the green wheel spinning on and on and on...

Have noticed that if I pick another entry point on the board, I can get that page to load and then proceed to go to where I want to from there.

The site's server might be very fragmented.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I have noticed a couple times that the page loads are painfully slow, but it seems to come and go. Certain times of the day almost seem to be worse than others. Have also found the same thing as Pup, that if you bounce around and click through a different way, that it will sometimes move more quickly.

I have not gotten the ISE500 error for quite a few days and was assuming (hoping) that problem was fixed for now. Are many of you still getting the Server Error 500 page?

Just my personal opinion and experience.......... i would suggest using something other the IE for your browser. Currently using Chrome on several different computers and operating systems and was amazed when i switched at how much smoother it ran than IE. Don't get me wrong, still occasional issues with Chrome, but nothing like IE.

And, as much as i wish it would ;) , Chrome will not help when the server itself is messed up.

Back