Pretty sad

hhawkins

I was reading Sunday's newspaper and seen an article about the trout in Taneycomo. See I live in Arkansas and drive to work (Bass Pro) in Branson, Missouri. Tablerock Dam is fed by natural springs and so the water is cold afew feet down past the surface. Taneycomo starts at the base of the dam and runs through to Forsyth, Missouri to the Powersite Dam and the water from there pour into Bull Shoals Lake. Well the water that comes from Tablerock into Taneycomo is being drawn from the bottom of Tablerock. That cold water doesn't have enough oxygen and so the trout are suffacating. I know trout love cold water, but not that cold. Game and Fish are looking into it. There are some other fish in Taneycomo--> carp, sm. mouth bass and some bluegill, but trout is the #1 fish stocked in Taneycomo because it is the ideal temperature for trout. Hopefully Game and Fish will have this problem resolved soon.

hhawkins

ScottV said:
Sorry to hear that. Say you work at BPS. I would wind up oweing them money come paycheck time. LOL

Trust me, it takes a lot of restraint from buying everything that I want ---> everything in the fishing dept.......everything in the hunting dept..... :D

Back