powder painting?

Muskygary

When powder painting candy and neon colors should you just use the color or should you first coat thye jig with white?

Fatman

I have several translucent candy colors and have them plain dip and others with white. The white looks okay on some colors so so on others. Some use a chrome or silver color as a base. You'll have to try some of each and depending on what you're tying you'll want different shades of it.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
If you add a white (or pearl) base it will lighten the candy color up a lot. Coating spinner blades without a base color turns out excellent looking because it keeps the reflective flash of the blade but changes the color.

- If you put some of the holographic silver glitter down first, the glitter will look the color of the candy tint. :cool: Is killer with the sparkle mica mix i use also.

- It also looks cool over top some other colors. I have some jigs painted with a base of yellow chart.... then silver holo glitter... then tap on candy copper just to the top (dorsal) side of the jig.

cadman

I like candy colors by themselves and only fluorescent colors over white. One note on the candy color powders, and that is that it has a tendency to run and drip when baked. It is not of the same consisitency as the regular powder paints. This has been my experience. Has anyone else had problems with candy colors also????

Fatman

Only when I get too heavy with the tap of powder on the blade or jig. I like using a fluid bed on them when I do alot as it gives it that nice light coat before tapping a color on top of it.

Back