Powder Paint Colors

Pepop

Fatman suggested we have a thread with just pictures of jigs painted with powder paint from the various supplier's. If this could be made a Sticky, it might be useful for anyone considering a powder paint purchase to see the color on a jig head as well as the item# or stock /SKU# for each color. I'll begin with the 8 colors I purchased from Rosey's, 4 Rosey's powder's I traded for and 5 from Columbia.

Slide1_zpse5944ad9.jpg

Columbia_Colors2_zps7c54cbe6.jpg

Slide2_zps08df2c76.jpg
Also, I'm guessing the Paint Recipe Book will still be the place to post our Custom Mixed colors, also painted on a jig head.

Fatman

These are from Columbia Coatings

Candy Teal Translucent TGIC and Candy Raspberry Translucent TGIC straight dip no undercoat
100_5043.jpg

These are the colors I chose for the Dormant Color Sampler - The colors require dipping the main color then curing for 10 minutes then dipping the clear coat and then curing another 10-15 minutes. These photo's are straight dip, heat with the gun some more dip the clear then cure all at once.
Dormant Hunter Green, Dormant Purple, Dormant Blue, Dormant Granny Smith Apple, Dormant Sparkle Red
100_5020.jpg
[/img]

Pepop

I'm pulling the images I posted for new ones without item #'s. Both Rosey's & Columbia's search engine keys off the name only. Also, I've found that between the 2 there are conflicting #'s so I'll just leave them off.

Fatman

Here's some of the Jacquard Pearl EX powdered pigments - These are mixed 2 parts (1/2 teaspoon) Orbit clear and 1 part (1/2 teaspoon)

Violet Brass
100_5183.jpg

Solar Gold
100_5340.jpg

Turquoise
Jigs on left are Columbia Coatings Translucent Candy teal and the ones on the right are Jacquards Pearl EX turquoise
100_4867.jpg

Misty Lavendar
100_5204.jpg

Jacquard EX antique silver
100_5182.jpg

Pepop

Those are all great Doug. That Solar Gold is FINE!! Also, that Misty Lavender sure is close to my custom grape. Is that custom or stock?

Fatman

Thanks Pepop - I was surprised at the color of it!! There's another one in the pack called Aztec Gold that I haven't tried yet.
The Misty Lavendar is the actual color, they have to be mixed with clear though. I tried some more changes trying to match your color and they came out dark just like the last batch.

Looking at your Rosey's colors I think what you did was mix Red Lilac with Junebug to get your color. You might want to try a 1/2 teaspoon of each and coat a head.

Pepop

I'll try it. I know that wasn't what I did because I just got a few ounces of Red Lilac from Radtexan a week ago. Now, I may have mixed something similar but I'll try the red lilac tonight. Regardless, this is fun and I'm coming up with new looks to try. Some work, some don't. Still fun.

Fatman

Fixing the photos on these - when fixing some chips used the wrong colors tapping it on.

Two more Jacquards colors

Jacquards Flamingo Pink
100_5432.jpg

Jacquards Blue Russett
100_5431.jpg

Fatman

You know the more I look at them I think I know where I screwed up - I chipped a couple and I heated the spots and tapped a little powder to fix them, maybe I grabbed the wrong jar when i was doing it.

The blue russett was a real PITA!!!!! Even shaking it up it was clumpy so I added more clear to it, may have thinned it too much. I'll check when I get home.

Pepop

I added TJ's color's that I have to the panel's on page 1. It would be great if more powder colors were added. It's really helpful to see a jighead painted to see how a color looks.

Back