posted on here about mixing powder paint and hot plastic.

snake River

we were reading a post about mixing powder paint and hot plastic curiosity got the best of me so I had to go try we use candy pink picture below believe me I have 49 pounds of the stuff laying around here and I'm going to do some serious experimenting with it as you can see in the picture the candy pink is awesome more of a florescent we are dying to try the other candy colors.
118184d1362790504-test-new-001.jpg

Radtexan

Dont know nuthin about pouring plastics,but if thats what some PP will do for ya ,your on the right track....Looks great to me.

snake River

Radtexan said:
Dont know nuthin about pouring plastics,but if thats what some PP will do for ya ,your on the right track....Looks great to me.

tell you one thing that sure is the brightest pink that I've used except for the for florescent and I still think it beats them all to pieces.

LedHed

Sponsor
Have some opaque powder for plastic - wonder if you can powder paint jigs with it - LOL.
Great idea Bob - bet hi-liter would be cool. Think some guys on TU were playing with it also.

JSC

Keep us up dated as to how the paint holds up as it ages .. and if you find any draw backs.
A Little HI Lite and it would jump off the screen.
:)

Now I wonder how Dragon Fly would look ..........................

snake River

LedHed said:
Have some opaque powder for plastic - wonder if you can powder paint jigs with it - LOL.
Great idea Bob - bet hi-liter would be cool. Think some guys on TU were playing with it also.

I don't know I did have experimented with that you would have to take the hot plastic first out of the mold in different or you can put powder in the mold and shoot hot plastic on it I do not know what type of effect this would have if it would have any.

snake River

JSC said:
Keep us up dated as to how the paint holds up as it ages .. and if you find any draw backs.
A Little HI Lite and it would jump off the screen.
:)

Now I wonder how Dragon Fly would look ..........................

I will definitely keep you guys updated in a progress of what happens with this powder paint and plastic there are so many different ideals I would like to try with it and of course you know that the number of powder paints is so overwhelming.

snake River

after several days of waiting to see what happens with the powder paint and plastic I come to the conclusion that there is no affect on plastic there is no bleeding and I believe it's safe to use all the powder paints that are available to mix in with your plastics I did not find anything wrong the plastic seems to maintain its originality without any problem to say that they powder paint does not have any effect on hot plastic it may be a little bit stiffer when you were starring but besides that I find it did not make it harder or softer one way or other here are two more that we shot this morning the purple is candy purple and yellow is candy yellow so guys go to and have fun.
118374d1362937304-update-powder-paint-plastic-cd-001.jpg

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
So my question would be.... Why use it??? There are more pigments available that are intended to be used with plastics. Liquid colorants are easy to mix together to get custom colors. Also raw pigments in powder form can be bought.

snake River

Ron Don said:
So my question would be.... Why use it??? There are more pigments available that are intended to be used with plastics. Liquid colorants are easy to mix together to get custom colors. Also raw pigments in powder form can be bought.

Rondon why not use powder paint do you realize how many more colors there is to be had go to Columbia casting and look at their chart where are you going to find a combination like Ruby red dragonfly copper for all in so many more that you can get in powder paint the list is so huge sure you can take the regular pigments and regular colors and you can combine them and makes them to get more of whatever you're looking for I was curious about powder paint in the more I use it the better I like it for one thing for sure it does not settle and you do not have to keep stirring it which I like real well so go take a look at some of the charts of the manufacturers that manufacture powder paint and you will see why that we are experimenting with it we have to use your imagination in the hobby that we do have Rondon we have done so much research in manufacturing fishing tackle I have works with some of the biggest companies in the US we still do work for some of them I give you credit because you are good at what you're doing and you have a lot of followers which is very good I'm glad to see where you are today you, always from where you started do you remember when you asked me about plastics in the past.

Back