Post Rapture Tie In .... ;) 5-22

Radtexan

If all goes as planned Ill be here 7:45 or 8 this evening if any one wants to tie a few .....

Post up if you can make it.

quivira kid

I'm out the door to the lake. If I get back in time, I'll check in and see if you're still tying. It's bluegills on the fly rod time!

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Ha I started painting a bunch of heads to get ready for it. About 15 minutes into it I remembered... My pc is down for the count and I don't know about doing pics from my phone! Oh well I needed to paint some heads anyway.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I was having some trouble earlier with pages not loading and pics missing both on the forum and the main site... have to run a sweep i guess but it (hopefully) may have just been a temporary server side problem - doesn't seem to be doing it now. :huh:

quivira kid

Oh I forgot. I had a fly version of my favorite gill jig on when I caught all the crappie. I tied it up RIGHT before I left, just to try it out.
#10 or #12 sickle jig hook, 1/8" copper bead, gadwall flank and a couple strands of copper krystal flash for the tail, and Crazy Angler's "Brim Buster for a body. It was only about an inch long, and apparently looked good to the slabs tonight!
The sickles seem to do well on smaller crappie baits. You get the small look with a bit bigger hook gape... At least that's MY theory!

The jig I like for gills is a 1/32 oz painted black., same tail and body. I'm thinking of adding a partridge hackle to the fly version, just for personal satisfaction.

Back