Policastro's Darth Grubber

jjsjigs

Banned
roosterkills.jpg

My hat's off to one of my best customers, Mr. Rob Policastro. He wanted me to make a variant of one of my best dirty water jigs, the Pumpkin Grubber, in all black. Plus he had an suggestion for the name of this new jig. Ask and ye shall receive, Rob!

I'm proud to present: Policasto's Darth Grubber.

Akin to the Pumpkin Grubber but on the "dark side of the force." Perfect for when the water is really stained like chocolate milk and the fish need to see your jig. Black does show up the best in contrast.

I'm sure that with the success of the Pumpkin Grubber with the orange body... the Darth Grubber will be just as good, if not - BETTER!

toadfrog

Works for me. nearly all the water around here is dirty . There are three dams near me . They seem to just slosh the water back and forth.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yeah!!!! That will put some smallmouth on the line during muddy spring waters for sure! Can't beat black for cutting through the choco milk.

The latest In-Fisherman has an article about spring smallmouth... 1st part of it talks about using a mushroom head similar (sorta, but shorter length lead) to what you have pictured and OVERloading it with black bucktail and 2 strands of flash so the head and body all have same profile. Interesting read - i just filed down some round heads into shroom heads - will post when i get them done.

Back