Polecat and friends

Liftbite56

View attachment 2I have been out of town working in Anderson SC lake Hartwell, building a house there away from home and out of my comfort zone! While driving back to the RV after dinner...an overwhelming smell came through the car! Yep...someone had hit one of them stinkin things WOW! so here is my tribute to Mr. Polecat..for a lovely evening! LOL. The two above are for a friend who fishes a deep clear water lake for Mr. crappie.

Attachments

• securedownload Polecat sized.jpg
    securedownload Polecat sized.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 125

StumpHunter

Nice tyes. :) Hope you are getting a chance to fish some while here. The Hartwell bite has been a little slow, I think the lake is turning over so by the end of Oct. there should be some very good fishing.

Liftbite56

StumpHunter said:
Nice tyes. :) Hope you are getting a chance to fish some while here. The Hartwell bite has been a little slow, I think the lake is turning over so by the end of Oct. there should be some very good fishing.

No I have not...boat fuel delivery issues..plus building the 8000 sq. ft home has consumed most of my time..trying to get caught up on float-n-fly stuff before the winter! have vise will travel!!!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Those will work! Really like the flash strip you used in the 'clear water' jigs.

BTW - Keep your eye out for one that is roadkill..... that doesn't stink to high heaven. Lop the tail off and you will have some VERY nice, long hair to tie with. If you don't like the thought of roadkill, keep your eye out for flea markets or 'old time' festivals. They sometimes attract tanners and you can get a whole pelt minus the stink. ;)

Back