playing with ideas

Helianthus

Alright guys, just playing with some ideas. Y'all think jigs would sell at some countryish gas stations? like a basket by the register type thing? Would y'all buy jigs from a gas station? Just bouncing around ideas. Thanks for y'alls input.

Squeakyboatcaptain

Some of the best jigs I have ever bought were from a little gas station... Since I have started tying my own though... I just admire them when I stop to get ice.
It's worth a try.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Yes go for it. But presentation will go a long way! Would be best if can have them hanging on pegs in clear view. Another thing to consider is how u are going to be paid. Will the store buy from u or will be a consignment deal? I try to avoid consignment at all costs. If they are Hesitant about stocking them, just give them some to see if they sell. But they pay up front when u restock!

redman

I have to agree with Jerry. Some times the local will tie a jig that he has been catching crappies on and needs some extra cash. On that lake you are better to grab a hand full of the basket jigs if you don't have anything close. If you don't you might go home empty handed.

Redman

Lost Pole

Depends...
If you have regular gas stations you attend and can keep track of what those gas stations do or don't do. Regardless of what they say they do.
Jusr make sure there is no hidden agendas.
But then again, some people will just buy something for the attention that surrounds the purchase, so if it's a fishing town...maybe?
And yes, some will buy to try something new.. or to make a point that they can catch on something diff.
Beenie Weenies and corn niblets also work good, so I'll stick with them from my country gas stations THAT I ALWAYS GO TO.

Just making sure noone goes home empty fishing handed is the best advice i can think of for gas stations.
They are not the best place for lunch dates though, i can tell you that.
Unless they got them killer crispy bean burritos.

Helianthus

Thanks y'all, good points. Think I will have to look into it!

LP-better be careful, those burritos may
be deadly!

Back