Playing With Frogs

toadfrog

View attachment 2View attachment 3Somebody sent me a new frog mold . I finally got to play with it some .
I know I know its not crappie but when they aren't biting I resort to bass fishing .

Attachments

• 100_1404.jpg
    100_1404.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_1408.jpg
    100_1408.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 71

JUNGLEJIM1

I like the long legs on those, they should have a good action to them. Frog baits are great this time of year, especially with all the vegetation along the banks this year around here. Stick a weedless hook in these and hang on tight.

toadfrog

Been using a buzz bait assembly at the nose with weedless hook along banked lilly pads . Run them right down the edge close as I can get . If those pads wiggle watch out someth'in is about to happen .
Thought a hog was coming out once . When I yanked I pulled in a little ole bass no longer then the frog . Snatched him clean out of the water on the jerk . Got him in the gill plate .

Pup

I like those a lot TF. Agree with Jim that the long legs will provide good action. Nice baits! :cool:

toadfrog

View attachment 7
LedHed said:
Cool pours. Are you sticking the eyes on then dipping in a clear plastic?
Nope , got a better way . I use earring studs and epoxy the eye to them . bend a hook on the end of the wire jamb that dude home where I want it . If you fiddle with it a little on most baits you can stick the bend of the hook horizontal ,then on the other side jamb the hook in vertical doing that can cause the hooks to interlock .

Attachments

• 100_1401_00.jpg
    100_1401_00.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 43
Back