Playing around Today

fishhunter775

Future Sponsor
I manage to play a little for myself today, going to go chase some gills this weekend. Anyway here is what I came up with. Always open for suggestion to improve them. The jigs are a 1/64 on a size 8 hook.
001.jpg[/img]

BucktailJiger

Nice work Tim !!! Top left bug - split the Peacock Herl in the middle and put a flouresent thorax in . Just a idea , gills really hammer them up here .

fishhunter775

Future Sponsor
Crappiejgr said:
Nice work Tim !!! Top left bug - split the Peacock Herl in the middle and put a flouresent thorax in . Just a idea , gills really hammer them up here .

I will see about doing a couple like that, sounds like a great idea, thanks

Fireshadow

I would add a little red or chartutce. Mabey some long hackle wraped around the head. Those are great.

BucktailJiger

fishhunter775 said:
Crappiejgr said:

I just use UTC 140 or Danville 210 plenty of sheen and lot easier and forgiving than floss .

PanfishHunter

Crappiejgr said:
fishhunter775 said:
Crappiejgr said:

I just use UTC 140 or Danville 210 plenty of sheen and lot easier and forgiving than floss .

For me, i would put a bit of chenille in the middle. of course... i dont have the materials to tie yet...

fishhunter775

Future Sponsor
Well my youngest son, wife and myself made it to the Millwood this morning and got a few with them. Ended up trimming the legs a little and they sure would inhale them after that. Nothing huge but ended the day with 41 gills and 1 crappie. Gonna heat the grease up shortly and make a few of them swim again.
003-1.jpg[/img]

Back