played with the new toys recently

Fatman

To late to run now LOL

I watch and see how everyone is getting into the pouring and buying molds. Back when I poured with my Uncle we only had some Palmers that were his. We never really had to buy them, we rented them!!! The Middleport Sport Shop!!!! Man I loved that place - I think he had every Do-It mold that was out at the time (Okay showing the age here - this was 1975-76).

You gave him a $10 deposite - and $5 dollars to rent the mold for a week!!! It was great - had lots of different jigs and sinkers but you only ever had to buy your hooks or wire eyelets. For every 100 I poured for my Uncle, who was right there with me supervising LOL I got 20 jigs.

If I had to buy all those molds back then I'd need a forklift to move them all today. But man it was a great time!!!!! Bet you'll never see the big box stores do this one !!!!!!!!!!

CrappieHappy

Fatman said:
To late to run now LOL

I watch and see how everyone is getting into the pouring and buying molds. Back when I poured with my Uncle we only had some Palmers that were his. We never really had to buy them, we rented them!!! The Middleport Sport Shop!!!! Man I loved that place - I think he had every Do-It mold that was out at the time (Okay showing the age here - this was 1975-76).

You gave him a $10 deposite - and $5 dollars to rent the mold for a week!!! It was great - had lots of different jigs and sinkers but you only ever had to buy your hooks or wire eyelets. For every 100 I poured for my Uncle, who was right there with me supervising LOL I got 20 jigs.

If I had to buy all those molds back then I'd need a forklift to move them all today. But man it was a great time!!!!! Bet you'll never see the big box stores do this one !!!!!!!!!!

sounds like a neat concept Doug.

Fatman

The words SALE and Do-It Molds in the same sentence right now are a no no in my house LOL. But I'm just gonna have to look!!! I hope they don't take all the molds they had bought before the price increase and jack up the prices though.

Back