Photo editing software?

Uncle Grump

All

Am wondering about what photo software you all use - for touching up, cropping, adding captions, etc?

We where using a HP product (Image Copy?) that came w/ our HP printer on Windows XP. We've upgraded to a new system w/ Windows 7 and HP no longer support the software we had, and I haven't figured out how to get the editing software to install w/o installing the printer drivers for XP first....

We took a look at Hp's replacement for what we had - and all I can say is yuck.

thanks

UG

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I use an ooooold version of PhotoShop Elements that originaly came from an Epson printer driver CD. I have put it on numerous different systems now...... just load on the print drivers (if you have to) then remove what you don't want and keep what you do. It does work on Win7 also. I even have newer versions of PS Elements but they suck the memory out of every computer i have tried them on. Every small task turns into slow motion!

I have PhotoShop and CorelDraw that i use for work so know my way around them but they can be somewhat of complicated programs for simple editing. Interested to hear what others use............ any freeware or shareware programs out there that are decent?

StumpHunter

I been on my Window 7 for a month or so. I can right click on the picture I want to edit and a drop down bar pops up. Click on edit and it will take you to a edit program.

Uncle Grump

Just a follow up....

The software we were using was HP Image Zone. I've been doing some searches, and I came a forum where Image Zone is the topic of the hour....

Seems that there are many-many-many......... unhappy campers over Hp's decision to no longer support it for Windows - but oddly, they do support it for the MAC.....

Anyway - I chased thru the thread, and some one figured out how to get it to install on Win 7 - and it's supposed to work (XP compatability mode).

Also - we have looked at Windows Live Photo Editor on our system - it will work - but its not Image Zone.

Here is the URL to the thread regarding Image Zone......

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Deskto...dows-7-and-HP-Image-Zone-software/td-p/203127

UG

JSC

"Most of my resizing,cropping,basic touch up's are with http://www.irfanview.com/ simple and a great little freeware... "
=============================================================
XXXX 10 Great little program (Freeware and like it so well I sent him a donation & keep it updated).
Tried a lot of the others but this one has been the best for me.

blt

AtticaFish said:
I use an ooooold version of PhotoShop Elements that originaly came from an Epson printer driver CD. I have put it on numerous different systems now...... just load on the print drivers (if you have to) then remove what you don't want and keep what you do. It does work on Win7 also. I even have newer versions of PS Elements but they suck the memory out of every computer i have tried them on. Every small task turns into slow motion!

I have PhotoShop and CorelDraw that i use for work so know my way around them but they can be somewhat of complicated programs for simple editing. Interested to hear what others use............ any freeware or shareware programs out there that are decent?

Same here, old version of P.E. Mid to late 90's I think.

Back