Photo Disclaimer - Please Read

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the long read here guys and gals but please read it all.......

If you wish to use a picture posted by a member of JigCraft.com in any form of advertising, promotion or in any way outside of this forum - YOU MUST RECEIVE PERMISSION DIRECTLY FROM THAT MEMBER TO DO SO. If you believe that a business or company is using pictures without permission that were originaly posted here on the JigCraft forum, please notify an Administrator/Moderator or send an email with details to [email protected].

We have to understand that any 'pattern' or 'style' of a jig or fly can be reproduced and sold by other jig makers. We do not have copyright protection over materials, colors or styles used to create individual jigs/flies. However - digital media of any form including: photos, graphics, videos, music, or text IS COVERED BY COPYRIGHT PROTECTION AND CAN NOT BE USED WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM THE MEMBER WHO POSTED IT.

By posting pictures or video media in the Jig Pics / Recipes forum board, you agree that they may be coppied used by the forum administrator for publicity purposes in other places on the JigCraft.com website. All pictures posted in the Jig Pics / Recipes board will be copied to the Photo Gallery section (when time allows) and also may be used in the Showcase Gallery. The Showcase Gallery shows off a unique or outstanding jig on the Home Page each month and the Photo Gallery is simply a collection of all the pictures posted in the Jig Pics forum board that can be browsed by pictures only. JigCraft.com does not profit in anyway from the use of your pictures.

As a side note - be aware that images can be coppied illegally and used without your knowledge/permission by anyone who has access to the internet. If you have or are trying to obtain U.S. Patent or Registered Trademark protection rights over a product, i would advise NOT to post it here, on any discussion forums, or other social networking sites.

There was recently some images and text that were originaly posted by JigCraft members that turned up on another JigCraft member's site and used to promote that independent business without permission. The pictures and text have since been removed upon request. JigCraft.com administrators and staff try to protect your independent work as best we can, but the fact is that there is absolutely no way to keep a watch over every site on the world wide web. If you have something that you do not want copied or used in any way, it is best advised to not post the images on ANY website. - Russ

LedHed

Sponsor
The said member was also elaborating on how he came up with the name for a jig that he was/is plagiarizing. Very amusing for a minute then you realize this POS is trying to make money with other peoples ideas and words. Granted they are shared ideas on the internet – at least give credit due where credit is due. Your to kind to the jerk Russ.
I think I’m done….

Radtexan

It was all handled in private,as it should have been.Im like Led too the pictures were not quite as shocking as using the words and stories posted by the members here,to appear as his own..

toadfrog

Awh well over the years I guess I've had about 5 lure Ideas snagged . Some are still out there . One in particular makes fishing lure jewelery . Same Name and all . Still have a few of the old cards I sold them on . Did them back in the nineties . First store to carry them was called Okie Bug in Tulsa Oklahoma . There are reps for tackle companies that go around to mom and pop stores selling and picking up ideas from folks like us . They know most of us don't have the money or the sales volume to do battle over our products . I just console myself with the knowledge that I did make the contribution to the tackle industry even if I didn't get the credit or cash . I would like to here thanks toad when they do that .

BucktailJiger

Wonder If Redmans and I's Roc-a-Roos would fall under this ? Some Jag-off is trying to replicate them and selling them on his web site for a decent chunk of change . They look like sh-t but it's the principle that p-ss-s me off . I felt I earned Redmans respect for him to hand down the original reciepe to me .

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Got a website link for me? Can see if there anything i can do, but can't promise anything. I'd rather you PM it to me so we all don't click it and boost his numbers. ;)

Crappiejgr said:
Wonder If Redmans and I's Roc-a-Roos would fall under this ? Some Jag-off is trying to replicate them and selling them on his web site for a decent chunk of change . They look like sh-t but it's the principle that p-ss-s me off . I felt I earned Redmans respect for him to hand down the original reciepe to me .

toadfrog

Hawnjigs said:
I remember the original Okie Bug catching my attention - are you the designer TF?
Nope didn't design that one . But you remember those spinner baits that had the through body rubber skirts looked like it had long side fins . That was me .

BucktailJiger

AtticaFish said:
Got a website link for me? Can see if there anything i can do, but can't promise anything. I'd rather you PM it to me so we all don't click it and boost his numbers. ;)

Crappiejgr said:
Workin on that . Will PM you when I get all the info .

Back