Pflueger Patriarch

blt

Looking at getting a baitcaster, and this is the one I am looking at. Anyone have experience with this one? Haven't even started looking at the rods yet.

It may see time on the pier for Flounder next spring.

Jig Man

I haven't fished with that one, the the pfluegers I have fished with are good reels at a good price...

BucktailJiger

Sweet reel and user friendly , smooth , strong drag , great casting distance ,light and palms really well . I'd look at Fenwick Elite Tech series rods , they're just as sweet as the Patriarch .

SaltyBuckster

The reason why I asked about the flippin switch was that I had a Cabelas Tournament ZX or something like that and sold it before I left Arizona.Figured that I would'nt be fishing for too many bass,lol.Would have been the best fluke reel out there.

blt

I have never used one before Salty. Don't even know what features would interest me. One of the shops I deal with is getting it for me wholesale. Not sure how much below the retail that is yet.

He is also looking to get me into the big dealer/manufacturer show in Atlantic City this year. I think it is in December. He said bring money, you will be shocked at what some distributors will toss at you cheap to get their name out to you for sales. I'd love to get in there lol.

SaltyBuckster

I'm sure that would be a cool place to be.A flippeng switch is a little button that you push and it lets line out until you release the button.Great for jig fishing and sending your jig across a little canyon underwater so you can feel the bottom the whole time and get the Big Boy,lol.

mealworm

blt said:
Looking at getting a baitcaster, and this is the one I am looking at. Anyone have experience with this one? Haven't even started looking at the rods yet.

It may see time on the pier for Flounder next spring.

I haven't used the baitcaster, but the Patriarch spin reel is the best reel i've ever used.

Back