Pearl White Paint?

Nightprowler

Has anybody played with making Pearl White out of regular white or appliance white? I have a ton of white and was needing some pearl white for a project.
Thanks in advance for the help
NP

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Nightprowler said:
Has anybody played with making Pearl White out of regular white or appliance white? I have a ton of white and was needing some pearl white for a project.
Thanks in advance for the help
NP

You would have to add pearl mica (pearl powder) to the white. And if you dont already have the mica you might as well buy the pearl white paint as the mica powders are expensive but a little goes a long way!

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Lurecraft has several colors of the pearl powders. Some of the better stuff goes for close to 4 bucks an ounce! But it does go a long way.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone ever tried mixing plain white with the protec silver? It would not be the BRIGHT white that the true pearl color is from protec but may give it a shimmer effect. May have to try and mix a little tomorrow.

BTW - thinking when i run out of regular white i will not re-order. Like the pearl color alot better. ;) Never knew they have other colors of the pearl powder.

LedHed

Sponsor
RD - are Lurecraft powders for plastic or powder paint? I have some for plastics, never thought to try it with pp - should work. Got some hi-lite - that would be cool with pp.

Russ - I don't use white either - like the pearl waaay better. Add some CC holograph additive and step back. LOL

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Led I was told its all the same mica. Used in automotive paints, lube for drilling rigs, flux for welding....
I have a half lb of pearl white powder coming. Yep enough to last me 2 lifetimes so i guess i will have some to waste i mean experiment!

I dont know about the hi lites but how awesome would that be! White with blue or green hilites. Ok i will try a small batch.

LedHed

Sponsor
1/2lb!!! More than a lifetime. I got a 1/2 oz of CC's and was thinking I'll never use all this.

Cure & pour temps are close. Might be on to something with the hi-lites - too cool.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
I mixed some HF white with pearl today. I put way to much pearl in there. But it worked. It shined big time in the sun. I took pics but the didnt capture the pearl. Now i will have to try my other pearls-- olive, black, yellow...
Have to try using it with clear as a top coat.

Radtexan

AtticaFish said:
Anyone ever tried mixing plain white with the protec silver? It would not be the BRIGHT white that the true pearl color is from protec but may give it a shimmer effect. May have to try and mix a little tomorrow.
I wondered the same,but maybe with chrome ? Not a tru pearl,but bet it would do something.

Keep us posted on the experimenting Ronny..

Lost Pole

Ive been playing with a jar mr g sent that was labeled "pearl pepper". Thinking it's a factory dealie. I can't stop using it, it's a perfect medium for blending opposing colors.
This'n is actually 4 diff colors but you can't tell,especially with my phone, but its really greAt for blending.

Back