Panfish Slay

baitmaster

Went fishing at Lake Perris with LedHed, Mealworm, CougarKiller, and Al (non jc.c member). We were a liitle bumbed at the start....our local bait shop did not have crickets, but we loaded up on meal worms & crawlers. Great weather and and a great day. 5 anglers kept 73 redear/bluegill mixed, all 3/4 to 1-1/2 pounds and 1 crappie.

LedHed also hooked into a killer carp on his UL rod with 2 pound test. Right as we saw color, the jig came unhooked and the monster swam free. This fish had to be in the 30 pound range. Its tail made my size 13 foot look small. What an exciting time.
Thanks guys for a great day on the water.

Attachments

• IMG_0524.jpg
    IMG_0524.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 50

flatsrat76

baitmaster said:
Went fishing at Lake Perris with LedHed, Mealworm, CougarKiller, and Al (non jc.c member). We were a liitle bumbed at the start....our local bait shop did not have crickets, but we loaded up on meal worms & crawlers. Great weather and and a great day. 5 anglers kept 73 redear/bluegill mixed, all 3/4 to 1-1/2 pounds and 1 crappie.

LedHed also hooked into a killer carp on his UL rod with 2 pound test. Right as we saw color, the jig came unhooked and the monster swam free. This fish had to be in the 30 pound range. Its tail made my size 13 foot look small. What an exciting time.
Thanks guys for a great day on the water.

Great catch guys. When is the fry?:D

baitmaster

Hawnjigs,
darn, how did I forget to mention the jigs.
All fish were caught on jigs tiped with part of a night crawler or meal worm. I was using mostly black and gray 1/32 oz. I am not sure what jigs the others were using.

Back