Painting Eyes ??

SaltyBuckster

Yea,I'm like a kid in a candy store as much as you all know.Yesterday I painted my first set of eyes.And you all know once I get started on something that I like doing,on we go,lol.I do need a couple of pointers though.I figured out that a finishing nail for me was the best tool,but I usually get one side perfect and the other a little off in some way.Longer nail,maybe ??Something to counteract my shaky right hand.

Attachments

• DSC00025.JPG
    DSC00025.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 87

CrappieHappy

when i paint eyes on, i have it in the vise and rest my hand on the vise to steady. I use drill bits. .... I am FAR from perfect, i think its knowing/learning how much paint to have on the end and how much pressure to apply... I am all eager to learn as well, so yall post up....

SaltyBuckster

I've been playing pretty much all day and came to the conclusion that it can only get better,lol.Jig in hand worked better then jig in vise though for me.

Len

This idea was from someone else but I don't remember who.Spring type clothes pins hot glued to a 1/4" x 1-1/2" piece of wood. It works for me.Paint eyes on one side of head flip it over and do the other side.
Jigs058.jpg

SaltyBuckster

Use a nail with a little head and the circle part comes out perfect.It's hitting the center with the black that is getting me.

toadfrog

Next day off work I'll see if I can do pics of how I do it . I got to say the clothes pin idea is as cool as it gets.

ScottV

I usually flatten my round heads with a pair of pliers if I'm planning on painting eyes on them. I also use drill bits.

Back