1 Rosey´s Candy Psycho Lime Green
1 own mix of gold orange

Gold orange:
- lot of gold sparkle
1 Brass Transparent
2 fluo yellow
2 fluo red
5 clear

More clear might be good, but I´m quite happy with it as a sand eel color for my tins. Looks very natural, with a light uv-response.

21681671gp.jpg

Bucho

I´ve given up the search for a fluorescent blue PP. Thought I would mix it with candy and clear anyhow, so I got myself some UV Blue pigment from a local supplyer. Costed me an arm and a leg but can be used very sparsely.

Deep blue:

-1 part uv blue pigment (or less)
-2 parts Rose´s candy blue
-5-8 parts high gloss clear
- good deal of blue glitter

22351904pf.jpg

22351907dv.jpg

22351908es.jpg

Pepop

Bucho said:
I´ve given up the search for a fluorescent blue PP. Thought I would mix it with candy and clear anyhow, so I got myself some UV Blue pigment from a local supplyer. Costed me an arm and a leg but can be used very sparsely.

Deep blue:

-1 part uv blue pigment (or less)
-2 parts Rose´s candy blue
-5-8 parts high gloss clear
- good deal of blue glitter

22351904pf.jpg

22351907dv.jpg

22351908es.jpgi

Where would a guy in the States look for the Blue Pigment you used in this? It's really a great color with outstanding glow!

Bucho

Sorry, I can only point out the source I got it from:

http://www.uv-elements.de/shop/en/categorie/Tagesleuchtpigment?cat=50

This kind of stuff is usually cheaper and better available in the States, but if everything else fails I`d be happy to make contact or forward it to you. They use DPD for their local customers but DHL who cooperates with USPS has surprisingly low rates for shipping to north america. Prices include 19% VAT which might be deductable/not apply.

Kdog

I've used pigments from this company quite a bit and love their pearl and color changing pigments.
http://stores.ebay.com/KolorEfx-Pearls?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

This China based company has good prices and appears to have decent quality their 10 gm packets (0.35oz) are good for trial and error testing. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fluorescent...201380817329?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rmvSB=true

I have done a lot of experiments and find 1part pigment to 4 parts clear is IMO the correct use. PP and cure jig as normal then reheat and PP with the glow mixture and cure a second time.

my trials have shown that green has the longest glow period blue is in the mid range and pink is at the bottom. Also, just because the glow under a black light, does not mean they will glow in darkness. I do my charging with a UV nail poilish dryer then turn out the lights in my shop. Some powders really glow and others do not or barely glow which may or may not be a good thing, I messed with this a couple summers ago and found that the really bright glow was often too much and the lure would scare fish away. Back then, I had 12 colors of pigment thru the china company (they have since added 2 more) and I bought 1 packet of each color and 6 extra packs of the green (they we 50 cents each at the time) and spent hours playing around and final testing was to place a rack of jigs on my deck in the afternoon and right before bedtime go out and take a look. Some colors were glowing well and others were not. So I learned if you are going to use them remember the glow is often short lived so if you have the right combo, and the bite starts dropping off its time to recharge.

Bucho

Speaking of the UV elements stuff I use, it is solely fluorescent, not luminous. Means it doesn´t glow after in the dark but only reflects invisible uv light as a visible blue light. Personly I´m very careful with strongly glowing lures at night although I have had good success with them on broad aylight. At night, a single bead, a few straws or a pair of stick-on eyes is usually enough glow.

UV light is a very powerfull way to re-charge luminous pigment which also glows in the proccess so people often mix that up.

QPassage

Kdog said:
I've used pigments from this company quite a bit and love their pearl and color changing pigments.
http://stores.ebay.com/KolorEfx-Pearls?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

This China based company has good prices and appears to have decent quality their 10 gm packets (0.35oz) are good for trial and error testing.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fluorescent...201380817329?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rmvSB=true

I have done a lot of experiments and find 1part pigment to 4 parts clear is IMO the correct use. PP and cure jig as normal then reheat and PP with the glow mixture and cure a second time.

my trials have shown that green has the longest glow period blue is in the mid range and pink is at the bottom. Also, just because the glow under a black light, does not mean they will glow in darkness.  I do my charging with a UV nail poilish dryer then turn out the lights in my shop. Some powders really glow and others do not or barely glow which may or may not be a good thing, I messed with this a couple summers ago and found that the really bright glow was often too much and the lure would scare fish away. Back then, I had 12 colors of pigment thru the china company (they have since added 2 more) and I bought 1 packet of each  color and 6 extra packs of the green (they we 50 cents each at the time) and spent hours playing around and final testing was to place a rack of jigs on my deck in the afternoon and right before bedtime go out and take a look. Some colors were glowing well and others were not. So I learned if you are going to use them remember the glow is often short lived so if you have the right combo, and the bite starts dropping off its time to recharge.

Thanks kdog that is some awesome pigments.  My order showed up yesterday and I mixed it up tonight.

Back