Paint for Styrofoam floats

oldfox

Anyone know of a good paint for styrofoam floats? Looking for something that will last awhile.. Fluorescent colors are what I am looking for..

Fatman

Fox

You gotta kind of watch what you use even brand to brand of bobber. The density of the styrofoam and not melting it when you put paint on it. I give you a shout later, cause I'm at work but I've got some model paint at home that I used on a few Betts styro floats and it didn't melt them and has lasted.

Fatman

oldfox

Thanks Fatman and az for the info. This is for the ESB (Everlasting Slip Bobber, except the paint :D ) bobbers. I love the bobber, but the paint just doesn't hold up. It needs something more durable....maybe a clear overcoat?

SaltyBuckster

I also use ESB bobbers.I have'nt had any fade as of yet.Been using them for about 2 years now.I have the yellow and white ones.Love the bobbers.

oldfox

azslabber said:
I also use ESB bobbers.I have'nt had any fade as of yet.Been using them for about 2 years now.I have the yellow and white ones.Love the bobbers.
I use the orange ones az...I'll have to try another color..that may be the problem

toadfrog

About the only Paint that is really safe to use on styro floats is acrylic . Then seal it with the clear coat. Any type of vinyl paint will turn the thing to a gob of goo on a stick.

oldfox

Fatman said:
Fox

Here's the stuff I use http://www.parmapse.com/fas1.html Like I said it worked on my Betts styro floats and it comes in lots of colors. I've also used it on jigheads but then I have to epoxy coat it or it will melt plastic grub and tube bodies.

Fatman
Thank for the info Fatman...just took a look at their web page...50 colors! Seems like I can find something in that bunch :)

Back