"OT" & "Welcome" Sections

Hawnjigs

KISS
I think the forum admin is doing a great ground up job of organizing, but notice that some of the "Off Topic" subjects are very "on" topic?

For myself, I kinda liked the "Welcome" section with organized sub-sections where members new and old could let others know the extent of their involvement in jigging as well as other angling venues and list their preferred target species. I think a sub-section could also give members a chance to inform everyone if they have a jigging related business and what the specialties are?

Perhaps a "Welcome" sub-section "Introductions" could prevent the eventual clutter when the forum grows to thousands strong?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I like the idea of a jig fishing discussion board, and have noticed myself that there is not really any area set up to cover this and fishing in general. What do you (and everyone else) think of this.....

Set up a new board in the top of the "Specific Tackle Talk" section called Jig Fishing Discussion that would cover any general topics about jig fishing.

Also set up a board just above the OT board called General Fishing Discussion to have a place for members to discuss any other kinds of fishing.

As far as members showing off their business, let me think about the options a little while. I can see where the idea could work in the "Commerce" section, but worried that it could be mis-used... not really right now with the members we have, but more in the long term. Perhaps i can set up something on a temporary basis and remove it later if it gets out of hand. Just hang tight and i will see what we can come up with.

I also hope to set-up a sponsorship program in the future, but that may be a little while off, have to get all our ducks in a row first. ;) Hope to post up info on a future plan soon.

Hawnjigs

KISS
AF, I like the "Jiggin' Discussion" section separating intros and topics - nicely done!

I was more thinking of informational for the membership rather than "showing off" business listing info. But you're right, that could eventually become cluttered with sales pitches. Still, knowing what products & services we can offer each other could have value. Good luck lining up them ducks!

Back