Opposum jigs and more

JUNGLEJIM1

Opossum has been my favorite hair the past couple of years. Actually purchased several skins and had two cut into crosscut strips for the bodies. Here are just some of what I've been making this year.     View attachment 1View attachment 2View attachment 3

Attachments

• IMG_1805.JPG
    IMG_1805.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1809.JPG
    IMG_1809.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1682.JPG
    IMG_1682.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1683.JPG
    IMG_1683.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 5

JUNGLEJIM1

It looks very natural and has good movement in the water. Not as much movement as rabbit but softer and more action than bucktail.

RockGeo

Jungle Jim,

Those opossum lures look great!.  I really like the set of five jigs in the second picture.  I'm convinced!  The jigs look so good that I'll have to order some and try them out.  Can you commercially order cross cut opossum for the body?  Also, on the tails, do you run the hook through the hide as well?  They look like they would fish really well.

Thanks for sharing.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I have not tried opossum either but they sure look good. I have some coon tail that looks similar to that with the long guard hairs. It looks great with the pearl heads and a touch of red mixed in. Beautiful work.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Yup, fine looking ties - wallys here like white and I only tie with crosscut strips.

What is the black hair with the nice sheen ?

JUNGLEJIM1

The only hair that isn't possum is the body on the black buzzbaits and that's rabbit. Possum hair has white, black, clear and translucent hair. Wapsi dyes zonker strips and I've bought about every color they carry but they cost more than rabbit and sometimes the strips aren't cut straight.

Back