Opinions please...

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I have gotten several emails in the short time the site has been up as to why someone "can not see pictures that are posted as attachments." I have a setting that allows only logged in members to view member attachments and not random guests. I left it this way thinking that people would sign up and become active here so they could see ALL the pictures posted. I got a very good suggestion from a new member to post something on the main forum page (members can only see it if you are not logged in yet) explaining that you have to be a member to see ALL the pics and i did put it up. Thanks SL! Just wondering if i am closing the door on possible new members by not letting them see "everything" unless they sign up... what do you think? Probably ya all think i have some OCD, and you just may be right! :jig:

Side note - I also added in some new smilies... but i have been having trouble accessing the "get more" smilies. Anyone else have this problem? I did save some animated ones to my comp, but not the right way, so will have to fix them later. :-/ You should have a few new ones either way.

Thanks for all your help guys - excellent member contributions to the site and the other day we had over 1/3 of all the members logged on at the same time... somebody must have posted something pretty good! :D Russ

flatsrat76

AtticaFish said:
I have gotten several emails in the short time the site has been up as to why someone "can not see pictures that are posted as attachments." I have a setting that allows only logged in members to view member attachments and not random guests. I left it this way thinking that people would sign up and become active here so they could see ALL the pictures posted. I got a very good suggestion from a new member to post something on the main forum page (members can only see it if you are not logged in yet) explaining that you have to be a member to see ALL the pics and i did put it up. Thanks SL! Just wondering if i am closing the door on possible new members by not letting them see "everything" unless they sign up... what do you think? Probably ya all think i have some OCD, and you just may be right! :jig:

Side note - I also added in some new smilies... but i have been having trouble accessing the "get more" smilies. Anyone else have this problem? I did save some animated ones to my comp, but not the right way, so will have to fix them later. :-/ You should have a few new ones either way.

Thanks for all your help guys - excellent member contributions to the site and the other day we had over 1/3 of all the members logged on at the same time... somebody must have posted something pretty good! :D Russ
:bigfish:

whats the member to nonmember hit ratio? Maybe you could just lock some threads so members only can see them :jig: then we can rule the world :trollin:
I wouldn't give them access to seeing the hot new smilies either :bigfish:
Flatsrat76

crappiecripplerjigs

I agree. Some visitors to this site might just be wanting to steal all the sweet jig ideas that everyone comes up with. That way we do all the work and they don't have to contribute. Lock em out!! You've done an excellent job with the creation of this new "Jig Tyers Playground". I'm addicted. My name is Travis and I'm a 12 year jig tyer!

ScottV

Travis, looks like A&E should do a TV program about us. They have "Intervention" which we might need. Then they have the one about cumpulsive disorders, which might pertain to us. My jig tying table looks like it could make an episode of "Hoarders". We some sick puppies! LOL

crappiecripplerjigs

You should see the innards of my shop vac! Looks like a possum got ahold of a clown. Don't wanna go barefoot in the shop either!

sloedown

ScottV said:
Travis, looks like A&E should do a TV program about us. They have "Intervention" which we might need. Then they have the one about cumpulsive disorders, which might pertain to us. My jig tying table looks like it could make an episode of "Hoarders". We some sick puppies! LOL

lol...true for all of us I bet !!!!!!:jig:

wtex

I found this out the hard way.
I spent over an hour one day tring to figure out why I could not get the pics to open. Checking all the settings on my comp. etc. Then I noticed I had not logged in. Problem solved.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Flatsrat - Not positive on the ratio of member to non member hits, i don't have it set up to get specific counts on the PHP pages... but i can look at individual "guests" when i'm logged on to see if they match to a member IP address. There are lots of non-member guests when i do look at it. I like the idea to maybe close certain boards (or make a new closed board) so that only members can see, will have to think it over though. "The JigCraft Secret Society" I also like the idea of us ruling the world.... all in do time!!! :target:

To everyone - Thanks for the input! There seems to be a democratic plurality - think thats right. :D Everone who spoke up does agree. I do plan on making a few changes to how i update the gallery. Starting on my next update, i will only be focusing on the jigs & flies for the gallery. So only the pictures of stuff posted on the jig pics/reciepes & fly pics/reciepes will be on the gallery that anyone will be able to see. This will also save me some time in my update/upload. ;) I will give more details when i let you know when this months update is finished.

StumpHunter

"The JigCraft Secret Society" ---I like the sound of that!! This is a great site. Lot of good info being posted and pics of the members work. I think that non-members does not need to be able to see everything posted. It only takes a few minutes to join JigCraft and if they enjoy tying their own jigs and flies they will enjoy sharing with us on this site too.

CK3

crappiecripplerjigs said:
You should see the innards of my shop vac! Looks like a possum got ahold of a clown. Don't wanna go barefoot in the shop either!
A Possum got a hold of a clown!!! That's the most accurate and funniest discription I ever saw!!!!!! Mine looks the same, but because I'm a rod builder, I'm OCD about it. I vacumn EVERY time I tie jigs!
Don't want fedders sticking out of the finish on a rod I spent 40 hours
to build!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back