One of Toadfrog's Pours

SaltyBuckster

Found this lone head in a box that I got from Brent.I'm going to try it as a trolling jig,but if I can run into a school of feeding stripers,which is usually the case,it should prove itself and get me my 2 fish limit of 28" stripers in no time.I think it is a 1 1/2 oz. head with a big 9/0 hook.I tied orange bucktail on the hook shank with some orange krystal flash,then came forward and tied white bucktail around the collar with some orange krystal flash.Finished it off with a couple 1/8" red stick on eyes.The first pic is dry,when I got it wet,the action is astounding under water.I have enough jigs to keep good for a long while.Doing only specific jigs is a lot more fun for me.

Attachments

• DSC00011.JPG
    DSC00011.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC00012.JPG
    DSC00012.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 63

blt

Do you want that mold? I may still have it. Another type of jig that was not wanted in De. area. I was told it was meant for fast fall rate on deep drops. I don't know if the balance of that would be the best for trolling.

I'm just not sure if I sold that one already, or still have it. I don't think mine had a recessed area for an eye.

toadfrog

Hey Guess what I got to day . MOLDS Shad head collar and keeper barb from 1/4 all the way through 4oz. Post a pic later .

SaltyBuckster

blt said:
Do you want that mold? I may still have it. Another type of jig that was not wanted in De. area. I was told it was meant for fast fall rate on deep drops. I don't know if the balance of that would be the best for trolling.

I'm just not sure if I sold that one already, or still have it. I don't think mine had a recessed area for an eye.

Take a look and see if you still have it.This one is'nt a recessed eye either.That is just a flat eye.I hate trolling,no fun it it.
Tf- Let me know what hooks the mold takes from 2 oz. to 4 oz.

Back