Old School Ro@drunners

crappiecripplerjigs

Recently found one of my old favorites while digging through a tackle box from my childhood. These old rubber tail Ro@drunners used to really work well for me. Decided to tie a few in the plain colors that used to produce nice fish. I'm not certain if these are still made or not. Can't find the rubber tails in my area. First pic is the black original. Others were tied while goofing off this afternoon.

Attachments

• gradtornjigs 058.jpg
    gradtornjigs 058.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 106
  • gradtornjigs 059.jpg
    gradtornjigs 059.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 104

StumpHunter

Those look good. I use a lot of RR crappie fishing and keep 20 or 30 in my tackle box all the time. If I'm pulling jigs half of them will be RR's.

JUNGLEJIM1

I havn't seen a roadrunner with rubber tail's before,but I've been using silicone rubber for jig tails for over 10 years. I have well over 100 silicone skirt tab colors now and just spent $70 on more as well as some cool powder paints. The paint is expensive there. Check out www.fishingskirts.com They have over 500 skirt colors to choose from. The rubber tail rr's will catch fish for sure.

ScottV

Those look great. I've got some horse heads a friend poured and painted with sickle hooks. I think I'll tie them up with rubber legs like those.

crappiecripplerjigs

Thanks gentlemen. I can't remember all the different colors of rubber tails I used. This would have been in the early 1980's. I can remember buying these at the Skaggs Sporting Goods store in Joplin with my Great Gramps. The black one was the only one remaining in my old box. Kind of neat to be able to tie an old favorite. Jungle your silicone tail jigs can't be beat. I'm amazed at the colors you come up with.

Fatman

Those are sweet!!!!!!! does anyone have any original RR's with the chartreuse (the greenish color) head/maribou tail and peacock colored body??? haven't seen one of those in a long time.

JSC

Been scratching my head on this one, but I think (and that can be dangerous) ... that the rubber tail ones were made by the old Original "Blakemores" .. I tried makin some back when but all ways had trouble with the skirt gettin wrapped up in the spinner ... but I was tieing it as a full "Flare" rubber skirt ..

Good job on these CCJ

JSC

Back