Old Books I (Practical Flies)

marginal man

I have a good friend that sent me a nice sized stash of old fishing books he came across in his basement. You'll know them all. I thought I'd offer them here first before putting anything on that auction site. I'd rather they get owned and appreciated by JigCraft members. Many of these sell for between $20 to $50 or more in various places, but I'll be selling most of these for just $10 (includes shipping). As far as I can tell, these are all in practically new condition. A great find.

Since I have very limited quantities, I'll offer them one at a time and not post the next one until the earlier ones sell out or nobody shows interest. Will keep the tracking and shipping easier on me, too :D First come, first served (just reply to thread) using post time stamp until they're all gone. You can use PayPal for payments, or PM me for other arrangements.

Thanks -

The first ones for sale: I have two copies of Practical Flies and Their Construction (Revised Edition) by Lacy Gee and Erwin Sias. Picture doesn't show it well, but this is the dark green book.

View attachment 1

Attachments

• PC280002.JPG
    PC280002.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 101

marginal man

Here are the others I have...

How to Fish With Jigs - Lacy Gee & Erwin Sias; $10 (3)

View attachment 5

Lunkers Love Nightcrawlers (Updated Version) - Fishing Facts; $13 (2) - SOLD OUT

Catching Walleyes - Bill Binkelman, Blue Book No. 1; $10 (7)

View attachment 7

Minnow Methods - Bill Binkelman, Blue Book No. 4; $10 (?)

View attachment 8

All books appear to be in "like new" shape from what I have seen, and listed prices for all books includes any/all shipping charges.

Attachments

• PC280003.JPG
    PC280003.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 90
  • PC280005.JPG
    PC280005.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 86
  • PC280004.JPG
    PC280004.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 84

hookup

I'll take one copy of Lunkers Love Nightcrawlers (Updated Version) - Fishing Facts; $13

PM me with what I owe you and an address.

Thx

I have a book from 1912 that titled "The Art of Worm-Fishing: A Practical Treatise on Clear-Water Worming" that should go nicely with this one.

marginal man

PM sent :) Sounds like they'll make a good book combination for the library to me!

-T9

hookup

Before I started c-n-r & fishing with jigs, I was a mean live bait worm/grub fisherman to stock the freezer & put meat next to the mashed potatoes.

For me, I kept it simple, carolina style rig off the bottom, fly lining with no weight or bopper, or light weight under a bopper

To read about some of the techniques the old timers used when I was still a twinkle in my parents eyes is awesome - especially when they have pix of the rods, reels, lines, and rigs they used

Hawnjigs

KISS
There are actually books about worm fishing? Geez, maybe one about Power Bait trouting is in the works.

PM sent re: Binkelman Walleyes, but guess I should post here too.

Moselbarsch

I would take "Practical Flies and Their Construction (Revised Edition) by Lacy Gee and Erwin Sias"!!!
Please PM me regarding the shipping costs (please beware - I am from Germany).

marginal man

Moselbarsch said:
I would take "Practical Flies and Their Construction (Revised Edition) by Lacy Gee and Erwin Sias"!!!
Please PM me regarding the shipping costs (please beware - I am from Germany).

PM sent , Moselbarsch.

marginal man

Slims said:
If the practical flies sale fell through, I would be interested

Sale didn't fall through, but I have one copy left of that booklet. It's yours if you'd like. PM sent.

Thanks -

MM

Back