OK, We have talked......

Jig Man

about your Favorite vise, bobbin, and all kinds of material. Now my next purchase is going to be scissors.... I have a good set for cutting material, but what do you use when you are at the vise with bobbin and scissors in hand when it's time to get up close and personal????

BucktailJiger

I got a pair that is arrow head pointed , real small point and razor sharp . Seems to work for me . If I could just not cut the thread at times :mad: .

Jigging15

I have several but really like my Kershaw Skeeter 1. Second would be Anvil Ice Stainless.

LedHed

Sponsor
Thompson midge for me. I like the big loops for fingers and you can adjust them for your hand. Helps keep the scissors in my hand while tying.

Fatman

I get some with a Very fine point from my local flea market $2 a pair. Then for cutting heavier materials I have a pair of Fiskars from JoAnne's. If you ever use any Kevlar or GSP don't use your fine scissors, it will tear them up. I don't know how you guys keep your scissors in your hand while tying, I've tried it and it's just uncomfortable.

toadfrog

If you want to sharpen a pair of scissors find a really old blue glass coke bottle . holthe scissors against the round bevel on the top of the neck .cut down like you were trying to clip it off . Do this several times turn the scissors over do it again . Think your in for a surprise .

BucktailJiger

toadfrog said:
If you want to sharpen a pair of scissors find a really old blue glass coke bottle . holthe scissors against the round bevel on the top of the neck .cut down like you were trying to clip it off . Do this several times turn the scissors over do it again . Think your in for a surprise .
My grandma use to do that with her quilting scissors , wow ! It works!

Fatman

Ok LOL and to try and buy an old blue glass coke bottle is probably gonna cost way more than two good pairs of scissors. I've seen a couple at the flea market and the lowest I could get the guy down to was $50 each.

toadfrog

Ya got to be kidding . I bet I head down to that crate full of crap at the barn . I know there are some down there I'm using one to sharpen my scissors been doing that for years .

Pup

I own a lot of scissors. Included are pairs of Dr. Slick, Allary, Griffon, and Sklar. Way too many makes to mention all of them here.

The pair I've used most is the Sally Hansen S7370 model followed closely by Revlon's 37410. These are curved cuticle scissors.

Each has been pretty good to me for the $.

JUNGLEJIM1

Tf, I have several pairs of scissors that could use a sharpening. Maybe I could send them to you for sharpening. My kids are always "Borrowing" mine and cutting who knows what. They are never the same when I get them back.

toadfrog

JUNGLEJIM1 said:
Tf, I have several pairs of scissors that could use a sharpening. Maybe I could send them to you for sharpening. My kids are always "Borrowing" mine and cutting who knows what. They are never the same when I get them back.
I can do it .

LedHed

Sponsor
JM - I tye small stuff not a lot of material cutting. That's why the large loop midge scissors work for me. If you are going to tye medium and large jigs you would need a heavier duty scissor.

Back