OK...a few more metalhead jigs

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Like the looks of those, the last one would rack up a few fish in my lakes and river. Might have to tie me up something similar. :icon14:

Hawnjigs

KISS
Steelhead ties are interesting because, well, most any pattern seems to work, including extreme crowded combos of material types and garish colors. Reminds me of women's fashions.

But, its fun, eh? I've browsed most of the commercial steelhead jig sites online, and your ties reflect exceptional technique with most traditional materials + some. You might have previously mentioned, but how long have you been fishing and making jigs?

Want to ask, these ties resemble fly patterns with hook point down attitude? And what kind of fur/hair?

smallieslayer

Hawnjigs said:
Steelhead ties are interesting because, well, most any pattern seems to work, including extreme crowded combos of material types and garish colors. Reminds me of women's fashions.

But, its fun, eh? I've browsed most of the commercial steelhead jig sites online, and your ties reflect exceptional technique with most traditional materials + some. You might have previously mentioned, but how long have you been fishing and making jigs?

Want to ask, these ties resemble fly patterns with hook point down attitude? And what kind of fur/hair?

Thank you very much hawn. I have been tying jigs and fishing for over 20 years, im 26 now so i was young when i started. Also the hair or fur on these jigs is a zonker strip with a little senyos lazer yarn.

Back