Oh no, not Bass Jigs

crappiecripplerjigs

I have been seeing some fantastic jigs and fish pictures here the last couple months. Don't have much time for posting much anymore. Lately I have been sucked into the depths of bass jigs. Officially it's not jig tying since no tying is involved. I will say it is a completely new addiction. There are waaaayyyy too many colors of silicone tabs out there. I need to be pulled back to crappie jigs.

Attachments

• bass3.jpg
    bass3.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 79

smalljaw

Welcome to my world...LOL!!! I do tie some like that but I use wire to tie the skirt tabs on, for my finesse jigs I tie them with thread, the ones I do are the kind I make that look like the Eakins jig with the skirt strands sticking up above the jig head. The jig you made is a great color combo, I like those types of colors and they work really well in both stained and clear water.

JSC

Looks Good ... I tie them .... SJ uses thread ... I use Wire ... Some use the collars like you are using to hold them in place while you tie ... I like to use "O" rings ....

crappiecripplerjigs

Thanks fellas! Eakins has some very good looking baits and just about any color imagineable. Attempted to downsize with 1/8 oz. adding a chenille body and tying in tail but it looked goofy. Sometimes goofy works though. If we ever thaw out I'll throw them in the water! More snow coming this evening...

smalljaw

crappiecripplerjigs said:
Thanks fellas! Eakins has some very good looking baits and just about any color imagineable. Attempted to downsize with 1/8 oz. adding a chenille body and tying in tail but it looked goofy. Sometimes goofy works though. If we ever thaw out I'll throw them in the water! More snow coming this evening...

I pour a 1/8oz, a 3/16oz, and a 1/4oz round head with a flat eye hook, some with a 2/0 and other with a 3/0 and occasionally a 4/0. The jig I make is smaller copy of the Eakins jig, I even found a great craw that is close, the big difference besides the weight is I use a pin that I made that lets me use a small FG12 weedguard. The 1/8oz and the 3/16oz have been fish catchers since I started using them.

Back