Now what?!

SPOONMINNOW

Granted, it's in my DNA to sit by the tube with candle lit, waiting for a light bulb to go on indicating which soft plastic parts to join, but once those lures do well, what then? Do they just get stored for future use; how many are taken on average and actually used; how many sit in the box and are never used again? And It's not just soft plastics.

When I fished mostly for bass, the problem existed except the cost was way higher for bass lures bought from catalogs. I own hundreds of crankbaits - many still in unopened packages never to be opened as well as crankbaits that actually became favorites after catching bass. None are used now or even taken along on outings, preferring the challenge of light tackle.

Someone should name a syndrome regarding the above such as: never-enough-lures-to-spend-money-on or create-it syndrome. Cure? After 40 years, still haven't found one.

Bigjim

Getting rid of the 'cranks' going strickly to jigs and mixing in fly fishing after being away for 20 plus years.

SPOONMINNOW

Been dying to fish some of my over 200 crankbaits - especially surface and near subsurface plugs. And you'd think that at least one of the four rods would have a crankbait tied on. Nope. Well at least a dozen or so are in the boat just in case I get the urge.

hookup

I donate allot to Hero's on the Water so cull my gear often of unused lures.

Only lures I keep are expensive cranks and jerks. Anything I make that sits around because I don't fish them, also gets donated

Any baits I made that work get added to a list. Winter is when I'm my most active pouring and tying jigs so time to stock up for next year.

I still fish in the winter, but not as much

Jamesddean

I donate allot to Hero's on the Water so cull my gear often of unused lures.

Only lures I keep are expensive cranks and jerks. Anything I make that sits around because I don't fish them, also gets donated

Any baits I made that work get added to a list. Winter is when I'm my most active pouring and tying jigs so time to stock up for next year.

I still fish in the winter, but not as much
Do you by chance have an Address for them. I have some to donate also...Thx.

hookup

Here's his mailing address

Wounded Heroes Fishing Project
21317 Comus Ct
Ashburn Va 20147

In addition the same guys donate to local high school bass clubs

Thx!

Back