Not all wool is equal

moswampy

I purchased wool from a couple sources. One source that was suggested and a couple I found. One of the sources was fantastic, of course I only ordered a sample. I got tired of what I considered sub par and ordered up some colors. I will only use this roving from now on. Strong, thick, and does not shred apart easily.

fec55911db899db55ca51c6b368b7938.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
That is a great looking eleck chx color combination. The green stripe on the side really separates and sets it off. :cool:

Care to share your source that has the good stuff? Would love to find roving in some other color options.

Fatman

Mo you're right their not all the same - Stump gave us a good place for good stuff from Pendelton woolen mills
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PENDLETON-C...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item668aa4c041

I also got some this past summer from the ladies at the Farmers Market, and they have really nice colors. Asked what they used to dye with and they use Jacquards Acid Dyes. I get it cheap from them and that way I don't have to try dyeing it.

moswampy

sorry for the delay I have been fishing!!!

This roving is thick, pulls nicely and is everything I would think a perfect roving would be.

ebay link

if you order from the store they will combine items and give you a bulk shipping price that is very reasonable.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I see 2 colors of pink (Very Pink & Flamingo) but not any of the green. Their stock must be changing all the time?

moswampy said:
They are on there I just checked

redgun

AtticaFish said:
I see 2 colors of pink (Very Pink & Flamingo) but not any of the green. Their stock must be changing all the time?

It appears that the color shown does not really match the name (or they have bad lighting for the picture??).

I found what there call chartruese, but it sure doesn't look chartruese in the picture??...

moswampy

Citron was the bright green I ordered and magenta was the pink color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back