No crappie but.....

Bkabina

Took dad with for a little this afternoon. We didn't get on the crappie but I managed a few bass and catfish, then pops hooked into this bruiser!

He said it was a big bass or a carp. I couldn't believe when I saw it. I said it was a huge walleye, but he didn't believe me. Jig popped out of his mouth just as I got him in the net.

Not many fish but we had a blast.

6393c2872b2ade54df02e1f9b5832886.jpg

redman

Looks to be about 6 or 7 pounds Good eating there for sure. Be sure to save the cheeks and the liver. Best part of the Walleye for sure. Nice catch way nice catch.

Redman

Fatman

That is one beautiful EYE!!!!! and big!!!!!!!!! Tell your Dad congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I'm with everyone else good eating!!!!!!!!!!

Bkabina

Thanks everyone. We were casting 1/8oz. Crappie jigs to the shore line. This one was caught on a 1/16oz. Minnow head jig tipped with a 2 1/2" gulp alive emerald shinner. 7ft. Medium light rod with 6lb test.

Unfortunately pops had to let her go. The eyes are out of season here until may 4th.

Bkabina

Don't know if I personally would keep a walleye this size. I would probably release it after get a picture and keep the smaller fishes for the table. Of course that's what I say know. Lol

Hawn, the Catfish are very tasty here.

Back