Nightmare on Sunday Street

redman

Today was interesting to say the least. We got up to NO POWER. It rained the night before about one and a half inches and then the wind came. The wind blew about 35 MPH and with the ground was so soft down came the power poles. We lost 5 about 2 miles south of our place. It took all day to get things up and running. We got power up and running about 8:00 P.M.

I decided to see if I could tie jigs with out the lights. I opened the north window shades and then started in. I got done 3 dozen jigs tied up. It was not pleasant. It was cold and windy so there was nothing else to do.

The really bad thing is that is that our Crappie season might have come to a end. With the wind as high as it was it stirred up the mud in the bottom of the lake and you could see that there was a mud line not far from Shore. Sad it was looking good but we will have to see how it clears up.

Redman

Jig Man

Its gonna be fine redman. The weather will settle down a little and the sacs will do the deal just like they have always done. I just hope ya didn't lose everything in the freezer....

eyecrosser

Never fear. Stay shallow. More vibration ie: A Roadrunner type jig fished under a bobber, larger profile jigs, and don't count out cranks such as a bandit fished slow. Stick with it, cover water and find active pockets of fish. As long as lake levels stay normal and a severe cold front doesn't push fish out they should be close by. Also, you may try afternoons or brighter days until things clear up a bit. Good luck and let us know how things turn out if you go.

Fatman

Just wishing him what he asked for!!!LOL I have to admit though I'm a shore angler and everytime there's a mud line far out we don't catch much.

Jig Man

Its hard to tell the bank from water unless your feet are wet where I fish. But this cold weather sent em back to deeper water... Maybe Wednesday, unless they come back to the concrete. Will prolly try em tomorrow after work.

redman

Well the wind has been blowing for five days straight. I have some pictures of the big white pelicans that have been hanging around. Will post them later on. Just hope that y'all are right about the mud line stuff. hope that the wind will die down a little so that I can get out and do some fishing. It has been cold also so sure they are out deep It will take a while for them to get back in the spawning mood.

Thanks for the encouraging words!!!!!

Redman

Radtexan

Its Texas Redman...We went from 80's end of last week to 70 mph winds Saturday and 40's for a high Sunday and today..Even set a new low record last night at 19.....Hoped to get after them wednesday,but think Ill save it for next week..

We have a mudline year round here,its called our whole lake. ;)

JSC

The main "Mud Line" I see is on my Boat and its Baked on ... I refer to it as a "Choctawhatchee Raceing Stripe" .......... Been havin a lot of them in our river ... one long line from bank to bank .. its from the "Red Clay" up in Alabama .... Speakin of that ( I was born and raised among that "Red Dirt") I was in the Air Force for a couple of years before I found out my ankeles were not suppose to be "Rust Color" ... when you see the river this color you know that the fish are gettin fed ... We have had some of that High wind and has blown a Storm Tide here at the mouth of the river ... Its messed up a lot of the "Spring Breakers" with "Rip Tides" at the beach (at least that part of their many activities) Thats another story. ....... We are also gettin some of that cold weather (for us any way) down to about 33 here at the house last night.

Speakin of the "Beach" the Pompano had started their run ,, with the weather changes will have to look for things to settle down .. Doubt I will get to try them .. Time to catch some more of those "Green Trout" ..

Redman I hope U get em when the water/weather gets right ... Need to be usin those jigs U been tien ..
:)

ARjigger

View attachment 9Hey Redman - don,t fret to much on the muddy water. Put on orange/white, orange/chartruese or big hoggin' bass minners and you,ll be just fine. See my mudline below...

Attachments

• Mud line.jpg
    Mud line.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 11
Back