newbie jigs!

steve r.

hey guys, new to the site, i got into tying jigs last year after fighting with finiky fish. here are some 1/32 oz calftail jigs that i just finished. i also tie them down to 1/100 oz. sorry for the out of focus pics!

DSCF0298.jpg

DSCF0296.jpg

DSCF0295.jpg

DSCF0293.jpg

steve r.

thanx guys, i did use the macro setting, but it still came out out of focus, its not the best for taking indoor pics, but if i take a close up outdoors it comes out clear. need new camera........ SLR! maybe santa will be nice 2nite! i mainly fish panfish and walleye, but will be tying some big bucktail jigs for my dad as he is a die hard pike angler. the jigs pictured are using a sz 8 mustad, i also tie them with a sz 10. my 1/64 oz jigs use a sz. 10 and 1/80 uses both sz. 10 and 12 and i use sz 12 for my 1/100 oz. looking at trying out some vmc bleeding bait hooks to see if it improves hooksets, but need to mold my own heads to do so or look around for someone that does it already and will sell them in bulk.

LedHed

Sponsor
Sr - might want to try a tripod - I use a regular one and a small table top model

Shoot a PM to GrouseFly he might be able to “hook” you up with what you need

Hawnjigs

KISS
Wow, your area sure has a lotta lakes!

Are you using the small jigs for walleye? Are you casting them straight line on spinning gear without additional weight?

IMO VMC small jig hooks are sharper than equivelant bottom grade Mustads, & about the same point quality as Ultra Points. Newer chemically sharpened VMCs are made in China, & might have quality control issues.

steve r.

i gennerally use a spinning rod with a slip bobber rig, but just vertcal jigging on structure works too. the 1/64 - 1/100 oz jigs require a small splitshot to get it down. i use them quite abit when ice fishing too. the 1/32 oz have been getting walleyes lately. i tip the jig with a small shiner. yeah, the area that i live in is called the brainerd lakes area, the nhra drag nationals and the worlds largest ice fishing contest is held here, last winter there was approx. 12,000 people on the ice!!! its a sight to see! i will be working on some pike and lake trout jigs sometime this weekend should be 3/4- 1 oz with 1/0 hooks.

steve r.

got a little more tying in today, this time i just used my cell phone camera, seems a little better. did a little experimenting with some new 3d eyes and epoxy.[/u]

jig4.jpg

jig3.jpg

jig2.jpg

jig1.jpg

Back