newbie here

perch

Hi im a newbie here to your great looking site looking forward to sharing and learning from all you great jigs/ tackle makers

perch

Jubs said:
Welcome Perch, are you the same guy from WY on Crappie.com that jig fishes for trout?

Yes thats probably me not sure theres anyother guys or gals from Wyoming on crappie.com. I love to fish and trout are all around me but there are some smallmouth bass here to and they are starting to bite here. heres a couple of smallmouth bass I caught off of my plastic baits I make.
first one was only 10" on a 4" tube jig
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh148/trfishin/IMG_4574.jpg

Heres the second one and he was a fatty at 14" took a quick picture of me and my catch as you can tell im taking my own picture as I cut a bit of the fish off. tough to take your own picture when your alone.:D then I released them for another days battle hopefully with my son and him hooking into them.:cool:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh148/trfishin/IMG_4584.jpg

oh and here some more Jiggin Joe kiptails in action ICE FISHING for bluegills, largemouth bass and tiger trout.
my son with a double on the 1/80oz kiptails 2 bluegills pink/white and chart/white
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh148/trfishin/IMG_3536.jpg

me and a largemouth bass on a 1/80oz kiptail pink/white
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh148/trfishin/IMG_3470.jpg

20" tiger trout
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh148/trfishin/IMG_3178.jpg

Well sorry for all the pictures but I like to give credit where credit is due and those kiptails are great from Jiggin Joe. I have been tying jigs but no of mine even with 30yrs of tieing experience come close to the quality and durability of those kiptail jigs. thanks again for the great welcome perch

Jubs

Ok I was making sure lol like you said not many people on there from WY. (Still working on putting names from both sites together for the ones that might be different on here from there and the ones I have no seen much in the past).

What approach do you use when jig fishing for trout? I tie a lot of jigs but I haven't really used them much for trout and locally that is the main species to target, I have to travel for some decent panfish so I don't use my jigs much as I honestly don't know what approach to take with them for trout, actually I am not very good with them in general lol. I do well when I use them off of docks vertical jigging but other than that and slip bobbing in very swallow water I have no real knowledge.

crappiecripplerjigs

Welcome Perch! Lots of friendly folks and excellent information can be found here. This is my new favorite hangout. Seems more personal with less users than the other forums but I'm sure it will grow. Getting in near the beginning is fun and meeting new people as they arrive at this site is refreshing as well. I love to look at pictures, so keep them coming!

perch

Jubs said:
Ok I was making sure lol like you said not many people on there from WY. (Still working on putting names from both sites together for the ones that might be different on here from there and the ones I have no seen much in the past).

What approach do you use when jig fishing for trout? I tie a lot of jigs but I haven't really used them much for trout and locally that is the main species to target, I have to travel for some decent panfish so I don't use my jigs much as I honestly don't know what approach to take with them for trout, actually I am not very good with them in general lol. I do well when I use them off of docks vertical jigging but other than that and slip bobbing in very swallow water I have no real knowledge.

Hey Jubs we just fish them under a bobber or cast them out and bring them in with a slow retrieve and twitch the rod tip. Sometimes we tip them with some bait but lots of times just a plain jig

perch

thanks everyone for the great welcome i can see this is a great site with lots of great people and some great information. I will try to post some pictures as soon as I can with a few jigs i haved tied. thanks again perch

Jubs

Thanks for the info I wasn't sure what method to approach it with. I have caught a couple of trout on my jigs but I figured they were flukes since I wasn't targeting them.

perch

wtex said:
Welcome nice fish in the pics. But being a southern boy that just looks to ----- cold for me.

Hey thanks for the welcome. I will try to get some pictures with warmer weather soon I HOPE. The last 3 days have been the first days we havent had SNOW in the last mouth. I cant wait for the water temps to come up and start hooking some bass. Thanks again for the great welcome this is a great site with lots of great people and information

Back