New wobble jig mold and new colors

fishindad

Got my wobble jig mold in the other day. Add in some new power paint colors and some more material that arrived, its ON! I really thing tied in a shrimp pattern this jig will be great on the flats. My new / additional sparkie jig mold arrived too. I now will be able to make more smaller sized sparkie jigs too. I will post some up when I finish a few.

2014-04-03%252015.51.12.jpg

2014-04-03%252020.30.29.jpg

2014-04-03%252021.23.06.jpg

2014-04-04%252009.22.20.jpg

fishindad

Me too. I was not super happy with the gold candy color. I wish it was a hair darker. I tried multiple coats and that did not help too much. I also baked them at too high of a temp. It caused some drips I had to cut off at the bottom of the jigs :-(

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
The smaller sparkies are a good design IMO.... great shape all around and would do good on shallow flats i would think.

As for wanting the candy gold darker........ i like it as is. ;) I've also found that i like to add just a tiny bit of mica powder ( or this: Pearl White Powder ) to the candy color and it gives some sparkle/metallic to the color. Just only add very little, the mica/pearl can take over and turn any color silver if you add too much. Adding a little will also LIGHTEN the color some.... which, i know, is going the opposite direction you want to go. The Pearl Silver Powder from Jann's is much darker, but i have never tried adding that to a candy color. It could ruin (change dramatically) the color you started with. Not sure, but i always mix small amounts and test so if it does go wrong you don't loose much.

You can dip it multiple times to get it a hair darker, but that will also make for a much thicker layer of paint and possibly cause the drips you experienced. You could add come Candy Red to your Gold and it will become closer to a bronze or copper. Kind of a Candy Orange. I notice a couple of the wobble heads have a darker color on them that looks like a candy? You could possibly mix a TINY bit of the darker candy in with your lighter Gold candy to darken it slightly. As i said, mix your test batches small in case it turns out different than the theory color. ;)

Hawnjigs

KISS
Judging by incomplete collar fill I would GUESS that your lead might be a bit on the hard side? Altho, even with soft lead I find that cracking the mold a hair helps when pouring Wobbles. And a sharp flush cutter is neater than breaking off the sprue.

Barefoot

What hook is that you are using? I had to switch to the BN for flats fishing due to the hook straightening with the standard bronze.

fishindad

For now, i am using the std hook. To date, i have no had a hook straighten out on the flats.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Back