New stuff

skeetbum

Thru a swap with a friend, I got a production pot this week. Had a ball head mold and some other molds that my Dad left when he passed. So i dug around and gathered some lead and got busy. If I see the movie " A Christmas Story " one more time I'm going postal. After the heads were made I tied a few just so I could say they were done. Nothing fancy, but they do catch fish. Fished some yesterday and got the cabin fever under control but the fish weren't cooperating. Hope everyone is having as good a day as I have. Merry Christmas.

Attachments

• First pour.jpg
    First pour.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 115
  • first complete jigs.jpg
    first complete jigs.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 115

steve r.

very nice work skeet! look like some fish catchers there!! did you use saddle hackle, also is that marabou or the fluffy stuff from the hackle?

toadfrog

Out of all the people that buy jigs two kinds stand out. The fisherman which buys mostly time proven simply made jigs that catch fish because that's for dinner. These guys are in your bait shop all year long. Then there is the sports angler fishes to get grins and giggles not for food or the economics of it. They are your fair weather patrons and you can sell them darn near anything as long it has bells and whistles.Your jigs will do the trick and bring home dinner. Good job keep'em coming.

skeetbum

All the feathers came from the hackle. I use it down til the Stem of the feather is to thick to comfortably use without adding too much bulk. So far I like the way they work. And yes, dead simple is me all over. I don't have a fluid bed so powder painting jigs usually come out with an undesirable nose. Jig head too hot, I think. I have a small mudroom out the back door where I think I can put in some ventilation and do my thing without freezing the boys in the process. I'm looking at a few molds. I don't plan on having many, but plan to use what I get a lot. Gary, those heads you sent get kudo's whenever I bring em out. I'm looking to buy the hooks by the thou, but that's gonna be a minute before I can place that order. Bronze and red are what I want, but so many sizes.....Thanks for looking guys, and all the good words. Soon........Tim

hunter7711

skeetbum said:
All the feathers came from the hackle. I use it down til the Stem of the feather is to thick to comfortably use without adding too much bulk. So far I like the way they work. And yes, dead simple is me all over. I don't have a fluid bed so powder painting jigs usually come out with an undesirable nose. Jig head too hot, I think. I have a small mudroom out the back door where I think I can put in some ventilation and do my thing without freezing the boys in the process. I'm looking at a few molds. I don't plan on having many, but plan to use what I get a lot. Gary, those heads you sent get kudo's whenever I bring em out. I'm looking to buy the hooks by the thou, but that's gonna be a minute before I can place that order. Bronze and red are what I want, but so many sizes.....Thanks for looking guys, and all the good words. Soon........Tim

Make yourself one of these to eliminate the cone heads. Hang your heads, clamp them tight, flip it over, and runs go down the hook and out of the way.
DSCN1544.jpg

skeetbum

Good idea, have to downsize it some to fit my toaster oven. The wife gets hinky when I talk about"her" oven for this stuff. That's doable though. Have to look in the cans in the garage to see how many washers I have.

Back