New Soldiers - Wister Militia

ARjigger

Made up a few jigs tonight - 1/8 oz. in various combinations.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 121

plateboater

Have you tried a less material in the tail section or is the RnD say go thicker....I do not have the answer but wondering! Sweet ties. Where is the material from.....looking for a nice pink like above

Pepop

Them AR crappie best not go to WAR against you! Love the use of chenille & rubber! Nice colors too! EXCELLENT!

toadfrog

I haven't looked in a long long time . But I used to use some stuff called Lumaflex .For you guys that are using skirt tabs it might work as good or better . Thin stretchy stuff comes on a spool like thread .
Great color combo .Time to gett'em wet .

ARjigger

Hey PB - I need some feedback on the things...those tails basically are half of a skirt tab - I fold the thing lengthwise and cut with a scissor etc. I haven't really scaled back the bushyness and may need to? IYO do you do better with fewer strands in the tail? Thinking of trying out some rooster tips as the tail. I use a jig at least two inches and sometimes longer for the fish in AR/OK waters. I sometimes catch fish scarcely longer than the jig so I haven't scaled back on overall length - it's not uncommon to clean fish with 3" doubled over shad in their gut. Weight generally is 1/8 oz. - I tight line, fish anywhere up to 12' under a cork and spider rig condition dependent etc.

Thanks for every bit of the feedback,

Greg Leding

ARjigger

Hey Toadfrog - thanks for the tip on the lumaflex material. Found the stuff on e-bay and have put in an order for it. Looks to be good stuff...

Greg Leding

chill49

plateboater said:
Have you tried a less material in the tail section or is the RnD say go thicker....I do not have the answer but wondering! Sweet ties. Where is the material from.....looking for a nice pink like above
Looks like cotton candy not sure

toadfrog

ARjigger said:
Hey Toadfrog - thanks for the tip on the lumaflex material. Found the stuff on e-bay and have put in an order for it. Looks to be good stuff...

Greg Leding
Your welcome . That was a dusty thought that floated to the top . Lumaflex was all the rage before silicone popped up . Bout 1990 I think . Anyway wrap it about 6 times around your index and middle finger . That should be just about right for a jig . I always pinched the loops in the middle cut one side . Then tied it in . Cut the bottom loop last .

Jighead76

Nice looking jigs. I'll have to get my rubber out, it sure can take a beating. I keep mine long too. Bigger fish and if I get short strikes I just trim them with it hanging on my line. How'd that go?.. You can always cut shorter but you can't cut longer lol.

Back