New ones

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Yeah Yeah I know.... They're plastic! Seems im going backwards from handties. Ha but im having a good time doing it. Got a couple new molds in. First one is a semi-custom one. We been pulling big 4 inch shad out of the guts of the crappie so i wanted something with a bigger body. Its 2.5 inches but has a much larger profile than other crappie plastics. Think the larger body will make them hold up better also. Put eyes on the blue thunder one and dipped in clear to seal it.(Didnt have clear hot enough:blush: ) Second pic is of some Crappie Rays, design came from CDC member.

Rivershad.jpg

CrappieRays.jpg

Radtexan

Very nice Ronny..Ive seen some body's from the last mold pic...
They sure look interesting,has anyone got any experience with them ?

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
I'm dipping them in the pool tomorrow to get a visual.
I'll put you some in the mail next trip to the P.O.

toadfrog

I like a chub head with the sharks . Been using a beetle spin with them in farm ponds If you can beat off the perch you can get some crappie . All the ponds around here are way overstocked with perch . So many they don't get very big . Haven't had a chance to go to the lake yet but I'm positive they are going to work .

toadfrog

toadfrog said:
I like a chub head with the sharks . Been using a beetle spin with them in farm ponds If you can beat off the perch you can get some crappie . All the ponds around here are way overstocked with perch . So many they don't get very big . Haven't had a chance to go to the lake yet but I'm positive they are going to work .
By the way what the biggest chub head you pour . I got 2 left . You went to a lot of trouble to make those with different colored fins . Gotta say they are way cool .

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Ha Bruce thats suppose to be black and chart! I hope its your screen! And not my poor colors!

Toad 1/8 is largest chub i have. Yes this way of doing 2 colors is very time consuming! But it does look cool.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Results from the pool test:

The 2.5" shad performed better than I thought it was going to! I wasnt expecting a whole lot of action but the tail had PLENTY of it! Im excited about this bait.

The crappie ray: I was wondering if this one was going to glide. It didnt! BUT on the fall it made slow spirals much like an injured baitfish. I think it will be a good one also!

Fatman i can see already that the plastics side is going to be waaaay more expensive!

Fatman

NOT NOT NOT I tried with the wife last night and she said no more fishing hobbies it costs too much!!!!! And then I got in trouble LOL But you bought your motorcycle and your extra job was supposed to pay for it plus the insurance - but you didn't have a second job this past winter so the money was coming out of OUR MONEY (OH OH!!!)

A few muttered words and she slammed the door to the bedroom LOL

You bunch of corrupters!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL Besides I can get all I want from you guys and then I don't have to buy all the stuff to do it!!!

SaltyBuckster

I'm sure that you can smuggle a couple gallons of plastic in without anybody noticing,lol.And some molds,and dye,and eyes,and whatever else goes into it.Just tell her there are no hooks involved,and that you won't stick yourself,Ha.And the fun begins.You might be a natural at it.Never know if you don't try,Right ??lol

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Haha! Pour Fatman. Yall gonna get him :beat-up:!

I know one thing... My dang paypal account has dwendelled the past couple weeks! HA you may see me running some specials real soon!

Back