New Legs

SaltyBuckster

I got my new set of prosthetic legs yesterday and to tell you guys the truth,they scared the heck out of me.I was thinking to myself that I would just never be able to get in the trout stream again like the Dr. said that I would with these things.Been doing 300 situps and 150 leg lifts on the Total Gym for 2 months now,Everyday,just to get myself back in shape for this venture.So,anyway,I lost 15 pounds.
This morning I strapped the leash to my English Setter Suzie and off we went.Went about a mile,give or take.Most that I have walked at one time for a good long time.Going up the slopes was a scarey thing,coming down them even scarier.But,I made it.I pity the fish now,but,more then that,I pitty the 8 point buck that I have had my eyes on.Got my hunting liscense this year.Watch out.

SaltyBuckster

Been hitting 3 shot cloverleaf patterns with my 25.06 at a 100 yards with the crappy legs.Can't wait to do it again now.Looks like the reloading bench will be getting a lot of attention for now on.

StumpHunter

Great to hear you are getting the hang and are now ready to hit the fields and streams. Doesn't sound like anything is safe up your way :). Congrats Bruce.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
That is excellent news to hear. The population of trout in the stream you mention 'across the street' are due for some lessons. Before long, you will want to upgrade to a set like the olympic runner used.

SaltyBuckster

I have'nt tried any boulders or rocks yet.Now that should prove to be a very hillarious thing to watch,lol.But,I am sure that it will have to be tried in the very near future.

This weekend I will bring the camera... May even enter it in the worlds most funniest videos ... Who knows may win 10 grand ... LOL

Doc Crappie is alive and doing well...

SaltyBuckster

flounder pounder said:
This weekend I will bring the camera... May even enter it in the worlds most funniest videos ... Who knows may win 10 grand ... LOL

Doc Crappie is alive and doing well...
If I won the $10,000 that would pay 1/3 the cost of these things,lol.

SaltyBuckster

blt said:
Wow, glad to hear this. Just don't over do it at first. Want pics of that buck also.
The first buck for me in 6 years?lol.You'll get sick of looking at if,If it happens to walk by that is.I think that he snickers at me when I see him.Boy is he in for a big surprise.

toadfrog

Alright!!! great news now maybe you can out run them gals that keep throwing a wide loop at you . Just remember nothing takes the place of a good dog , a fish'in pole and a fish'in hole .

SaltyBuckster

toadfrog said:
Alright!!! great news now maybe you can out run them gals that keep throwing a wide loop at you . Just remember nothing takes the place of a good dog , a fish'in pole and a fish'in hole .

Well,I got them three things covered.lol.As to the women throwing them wide loops,they just might get a double leg pretty soon.

toadfrog

SaltyBuckster said:
toadfrog said:

Well,I got them three things covered.lol.As to the women throwing them wide loops,they just might get a double leg pretty soon.
Naughty boy. Shame Same Tsk tsk .

Back