New guy

Jungleboy

Hello , I just discovered this forum the other day and have been enjoying reading through some of the threads .I just finished the excellent Vertical jigging Master thread and really enjoyed that . I am pretty new to tying but look forward to learning and trying many of the different possibilities. I am in Alberta Canada and for the most part ,fish Pike and Walleye. Perch here seems to be more of a winter target although I am sure many fish them in summer as well. Anyway, I look forward to learning and contributing what I can on this forum .

Cheers :jig:

Jig Man

welcome from west Texas.... Nice place to hang your snow shoes.... Lots of eye fishermen here.

jiggerjohn

Welcome , and glad to hear you've been enjoying the "Vertical Jigging Master" -I'll tell this to Red himself -he'll be delighted- as we'll be working an outdoors show in Washington, PA starting this Thursday!

Jungleboy

jiggerjohn said:
Welcome , and glad to hear you've been enjoying the "Vertical Jigging Master" -I'll tell this to Red himself -he'll be delighted- as we'll be working an outdoors show in Washington, PA starting this Thursday!

I do want to order some jigs from him and have been playing around with some wool fibre on my own here. I see the potential as most of our lakes here are fairly shallow and weedy so the vertical jigging would be very beneficial.

Jungleboy

I have been a part of quite a few forums and I have to say ,this one from what I have read is one of the most positive attitudes towards fellow members . A real treat . :icon14:

Jungleboy

LedHed said:
Hola from SoCal and welcome aboard. Like to see what you guys tye up north...

I don't really know what guys tie around here .Everyone I know that is using jigs are basically buying rubber tails or tipping a bare jig with a leech. I remember as a kid in Ontario we used to use bucktails for walleye in the spring and thought fishing would be much more interesting if I can catch on my own hand made lures. I have made top water lures from wood on my lathe and had success with that and now I want to go at the jigs. I set up with a Do it mold for 1/4oz round heads and built myself a tying vice. I have tried tying a few in the last few days but am here to learn from you guys. As for Fish here? we have Lake Whitefish, Walleye ,Pike ,Perch , Several species of trout, Goldeye(in the rivers), Sturgeon ( rivers), Ling cod (burbot),lake trout in a few lakes,and that about covers it.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you have quite a range of species to chase. :cool: I am not prejudice in any way........ i like em' all and will try and eat just about any of them. :p

Back