New from Colorado

NorCoMike

Good morning,

Just wanted to stop by and say hi. I have been lurking on here for some time learning and reading. I hope to learn a bunch from everyone here and hopefully contribute a little bit.

My name is Mike and i live in Loveland Colorado. I grew up hunting and fishing. My first job was at a machine shop called Peak Fishing i see alot of you use their vices. It was there that i started to tie my own jigs. Last year i started to build my own fishing rods and that has been a challenge.

I only fish ultralight equipment any more for every species but i mainly target perch, bluegill, crappie, bass, and trout.

Jig Man

Welcome from west Texas Mike, its great place to hang out. Lookin forward to learning from you as well. Purchased my Peak from Front Range Anglers, just down the road from ya. Excellent vise, and there are a couple rod builders here too...

LedHed

Sponsor
Hola NCM from SoCal & welcome aboard. Very interesting credentials. Will have a bunch ?'s for you.... Especially about the Price tube vise & Price vise literature.

StumpHunter

Welcome aboard from South Carolina. Look forward to seeing some of your work. I also enjoy ultralight gear and use it for most of my fishing.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome from NW Ohio! Sounds like a cool job to have. With that kind of background, you should fit in well. :jig:

Hawnjigs

KISS
Hey Mike, what are you fave close to home spots for what species? Vacationing in Greeley, I used to like Douglas, Lon Hagler, & N. Sterling before they got fished out.

NorCoMike

Hawnjigs i live about five minutes from Lonetree, Lon Hagler, and Boedecker. I like to fish Boedecker for crappie. Lonetree and Lon Hagler for bass. Most of the ponds in and around loveland like simpson ponds, Big thompson ponds, and Jayhawkers ponds are where i usually chase the bluegill. Never can seem to find a whole lot of good sized bluegill in any of the lakes. My favorite perch lake is seaman reservoir up the poudre canyon.

On another note you wouldn't happen to make small football jigs would you? I checked out your website and didn't see any of them.

Hawnjigs

KISS
OK, I guess you're floating cuz Boedecker crappie must be in the private shoreline areas. There used to be #s of nice 12" crappie in Douglas & N. Sterling, but last year I only found a few with difficulty. 20 keep limit is absurd - I knew Douglas was doomed when I watched two guys fill a bucket after the wipers were wiped out and crappies became the target of choice. Yup, CO bluegill seem to stunt. Getting any wipers?

Seaman used to be my favorite for scenic wandering with a few trout bonus, but haven't been since it was drained. Grandsons & I caught lots of dink perch, but never any of size.

NorCoMike

Yea I usually take the 9ft pontoon out to boedecker. Last year didnt catch any wipers at all. Alot of the limits in colorado are too high. Seaman used to have alot of big perch but since they drained it they have been smaller. Hopefully they will be a better size this year.

Back