New Fishing Tool

papaperch

Strategic Fishing Systems has come out with a computer program titled Contour Elite.

I rad about this before but was only mildly interested as Ohio was not on their list of states. Well this year they came out with an Ohio/ Indiana version.

I ordered it as soon as it became available. This particular program cost me 149.95. So yes it is expensive. But it sure does a lot more than any other mapping program I have ever used. Things like a detailed search for certain species of fish at different times of year and day. At completion of search the most likely spot are highlighted in red on map. By clicking on the " info " button on one of these points. It lists the GPS co-ords , type of structure , depth and aspect.

i ran a few test searches to see if the mapping program agreed with some of my past successes. Sure enough it nailed everyone of my " hot spots " on several different lakes. What has taken me a lifetime to learn has been condensed to a few minutes of study on the PC. It also showed me a lot of places that I have never considered before.

They also let you download an imaginary lake to play with for free. This more less gives you a very good idea how the program works and how well or not it would fit into your fishing plans. I always like to try before I buy. After just one day of playing with the demo I could not wait to try it on lakes I know .

If you are interested in it go to www.plantocatch.com

They seem to be very consumer orientated and have even created a user forum. They use this to get ideas for enhancing the program from their user base. Along to help with any technical issues.

By the way even if they do not make a version for your state . Get the free trial version I was talking about and it will help you somewhat in locating fish where ever you are. By the way I am not connected to or in any way invested with this company.

Back