New Fish Heads

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Just poured these up tonight. Check out the detail in these heads. Has the gill plates, lips, and even nostril holes. Cant wait to put these suckers in the water!

fishhead1.jpg
1/8 oz
#4 sickle

fishhead3.jpg
fishhead4.jpg

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Thanks Pup and JJ1. Right now i have 3 large sizes: approximately 1/4, 3/16, and 1/8. Gonna weigh em tomorrow. After seeing them i definitely would like to put some on a diet and get a 1/16 and 1/32. Wouldnt have as much detail though.

Jubs

Awesome! If you sell heads please send me a PM I would like to get some of the 1/8oz and if you figure out some smaller ones, from you.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice and i can see where some will get carried away in the painting process with all that head detail. Love the tied version you posted as well... nice work.

JUNGLEJIM1

I can't wait to see them in smaller sizes,less detail on the small ones shouldn't matter too much. What size eyes are you putting on those?

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Thanks for the comps everyone.

CK3 im sure some might find their way into the swapmeisters goody bag!

JJ1 for the eyes you can use 5/32 or 4mm. I used a 4.5mm on the jig in the pic. It fits the best. Im getting some eyes made with an extra large dome, meaning the dome is taller and will stick out more. Might just be me but I like my 3D eyes to be 3D!

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
AF thats why i did these heads. Plan on using them as swim jigs on a local lake that consistently cranks out 10+ lb bass. Has the state record at 16lbs. Im playing with putting a scrounger lip on some to get them to wobble. We also just had a new record crappie caught a couple weeks ago 3.84lbs from a lake thats less than 9 yrs old. Both these lakes are just a 30 min drive. Needless to say theres big enough fish around here to gobble them up.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
A friend did this one. Hes done a couple for me now. Their business is picking back up so doesnt have as much spare time these days.

BillyBubbleGum

Ron Don said:
A friend did this one. Hes done a couple for me now. Their business is picking back up so doesnt have as much spare time these days.
Seriously let me" know when ,and if you ever want to sell this mold...!"i will take it!!! I'm sure i know who the friend is.

LRB

BillyBubbleGum said:
Ron Don said:
Seriously let me" know when ,and if you ever want to sell this mold...!"i will take it!!! I'm sure i know who the friend is.

Welcome To The Forum BBG..:)

MaryLou~~!

Back