NEW CUSTOM ROD

JUNGLEJIM1

This is a custom spinning rod,7'6 inch 3wt fly rod blank,moderate fast action, custom handle made to my specifications and the new MICROWAVE GUIDE system. Guides were finished with an orange/yellow/black marble effect.The gentleman who built it sent me these pictures. Rod was finished today and will on it's way home tommorrow.The way this looks I'll never buy another retail store rod. This was built in the U.S.A. for under $150. Not many rods built here anymore.View attachment 3View attachment 4View attachment 5View attachment 6

Attachments

• smaller.jpg
    smaller.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 178
  • smaller1.jpg
    smaller1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 179
  • smaller2.jpg
    smaller2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 180
  • smaller43.jpg
    smaller43.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 180

Hawnjigs

KISS
Geez, that guide system is beyond my understanding. Someone sure did some R & D. Let us know how it works.

The creative cork ring layers and minimalist handle certainly are eye catching.

JJ1, not saying you should, but it would be EZ to stack the pics vertical instead of horizontal. Open the full edit mode of your post. Your attachment #s will be on a horizontal line. If you put your cursor before a # and keyboard "enter" they will stack in a vertical column, along with the pics.

Pup

Very nice-looking rod. I find the marbling of the epoxy/flexcoat over the rod wraps to be quite interesting, as is the initial line-gathering guide. :cool:

JUNGLEJIM1

I can't wait to fish with it. If you havn't seen a video on the Microwave Guide System you should. It's supposed to cast farther and smoother and the front guide should eliminate or greatly reduce line twist. We'll see when it get's here.If everything is as they I'll be getting more made. I can sell my G LOOMIS rods on ebay, well maybe a couple.

smalljaw

That is a nice rod!!! I believe Castaway rods are using that guide system, I'm interested in how they perform so keep us informed on how the guides work. The marbling is awesome, the builder did a great job, I have 2 customs from a long time ago that doesn't have anything real fancy as far as decorative but they are just what I wanted. Congrats on the new rod, enjoy it and don't forget, let us know how it works for you!!

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Awesome. I like the epoxy work! Congrats on getting what you wanted!
I know a guy doing some pretty insane designs on rods including glow colors. He's only doing ice rods at the moment though.

hookup

JUNGLEJIM1 said:
The way this looks I'll never buy another retail store rod.

Once you go custom, you'll never go back.

Nice job on the marbeling on the guides.

JUNGLEJIM1

Update,rod got here yesterday and I tested it out this morning. It casts very well,even with old line that had some kink to it. No birds nests all day with the Microwave guide system. I even purposely put loops on the reel which would normally tangle up and they came right out. Very impressive !!! Anything could put a bend on this rod,even a six inch crappie and I caught enough of those today,unfortunately nothing big enough for pics. Going to test some new fuoro line in 2lb test with it tommorrow. I already have been looking at blanks for the next custom rod, either a 2wt or 4wt fly blank on a spinning rod. Only wish the 2wts had a faster action.

Fatman

Glad you like the rod!!!!!!!! You sound like the guys over at fly rod forum.com after they test their first build they're already looking to get more!!!!

JUNGLEJIM1

The rod was built by JAWBREAKER custom rods. This rod was built on an American Tacle Matrix blank. Since then I had a 5 ft ultralight made,handle with a Pflueger Patriarch shown here. This rod was under $75,I wish the reel was that price. I ordered two more rods last week, a 6 1/2 ft 2wt custom spinning rod for myself and a 5 1/2 ft pink ultralight spinning rod for my oldest grandaughters 10th birthday next week. Bk, Nick's prices are very reasonable and he would do a 4wt no problem. Do a little research and go on Mudhole.com and check their blanks to get an idea of what you want. You can pick guides and any other custom components as well,even name on your rod. I didn't put name's on my rods but Luci's will have it on hers. He sells rods on ebay as well so you might want to check those rods out.Who knows,maybe he has something you are looking for there.View attachment 5View attachment 6View attachment 7

Attachments

• 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 48
Back