New Bassin Jigs for me

JSC

I broke down and got the PT mold ... poured, painted, and tied a few ..
Now gotta tie them on the end of a line add a plastic trailer and get on the water. (right now waiting on the storm tide to fall out)

Attachments

• PTJigs.jpg
    PTJigs.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 73

JSC

Thanx for the Hi 5's

Doug asked "Are you tying the skirts on or using the little rubber bands?? "

I am using wire.

toadfrog

Gimmee some of that water down here . It is 105 and dryer than a popcorn fart . Nobody fishing much . Fish are starting to order out for something to eat .

JSC

We Need the Water to .. Got only a little rain out of the storm.

But the High Storm Tide has the lower end of the river out in the swamp.

One extra low water around here you could find the fish by looking up the river bed for dust clouds ... that is where the fish were fighting to get into the bucket of water.

Pup

Those are very nice JSC. I like them a lot. :cool:

Your bigger blue jigs would compliment my reserve of black-n-blue Guido Bugs perfectly. ;)

JSC

Thanx

HJ "No brushguards? "

Single braided wire cable weed guard .. I like it better than the fiber "Brushguards"

You have to look close in the Pixes to see them

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good to me. Have several black/blue 'pigs' in my box..... right beside the green/black. You need some green/black. ;) haha What hook size/style do you have in those?

Stanger - When you want BIG bass, jig/pigs are the way to go IMO. The 1/8th's would be my choice size because of the slower fall, you can keep them bulky with the skirt & trailer and keep the light weight. Have to keep direct contact (tight line) or become a very vigilant line watcher with JnP's to feel or see bites. Bass can inhale them and spit them back out in a matter of seconds if you let it sit on bottom and not paying attention.

JSC

AF They are Mustad 91768 NP - BN -- 28 degree, Black Nickle .. 1/0, 2/0 & 3/0 .. Got some green with black bar/stripe skirt tabs some where around here ... WaterMelon Green with Black is a good color as well ..

At one time I used a lot of solid White with Uncle Josh Frog Green ... Been off of Bass jigs for a while (been on a run of Spinner Bait & Buzz bait for a while .. even been off a little with soft plastics ... for Freshwater)

Hawnjigs

KISS
JSC, I thought I saw single strand guards on 3 of the jigs but they kinda looked like coincidental similar placements of skirt tendrils. That kink bend at the end of the cable is a great idea - did you figure that out yourself? How do you get the narrower cable guards into brush guard heads? I've never liked difficult hookset brush guard jigs but might try your cable guard one day. What brand and #test cable works best for you?

JSC

HJ I never cared for the "Bristle Brush Guards" and have used several different wire gurads.
For this single weed guard I am using 135# Cablestrand.. coffee colored .. On TU I read about using wire insulation to fill the hole of the brush guard .. you have to get the right size wire (off the top of my head I dont have the size), but I had some on hand that worked. Have some Banana Head Custom Molds that I had made to take double solid wire with loop in end to go under the point of hook and have since converted it to using the cablestrand which I like better .. I have the Banana Head in a 1/4 oz and a 3/8 oz. I think that this PT head will "snake" thru the snags better.

The bend on the hook end of the wire came from the way it seems to have been done with open weed guards for a long time.

Back